Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Not include citation i...
General
Unanswered

Not include citation in CoPilot

Posted on by

Hello,

While using generative AI and providing answers to end users, I do not want my copilot to include the Citation or reference document from which it is referencing as it may contain sensitive information. How can I restrict it while i still use the uploaded files as reference only in the background?

Categories:
  • jaymumford Profile Picture
    jaymumford on at
    Re: Not include citation in CoPilot

Great Q.  My sense is that what you are really saying is that you want response, say "We report through 3 frameworks: GRI, CDP, and SASB [1]​[2]." to be "We report through 3 frameworks: GRI, CDP, and SASB." - Meaning, w/o the "[1]​[2]."  My guess is that we have to intercept the response, put that in a record, then somehow use JSON to replace [n] with nothing; basically, "replace" away the values thru, say [5].  I don't see any record.property that doesn't have the [1][n] embedded in it.

• Freddie_B Profile Picture
    Freddie_B on at

You're a legend @lonewolf1 !  I realized I was putting the reponseCaptureType in the wrong indentation.

Thank you so much for you help

• lonewolf1 Profile Picture
    lonewolf1 on at

Sure thing.

first click on your  "create Generative Answers" node (aka generative node), then click on advanced.

1.PNG

Click on select a variable and then create a new variable (lets call it var1)

2.PNG

after you have created the variable,  if the generative node your are modifying is NOT inside the 'conversational boosting' Topic, you will see that the copilot studio will automatically set the variable type to 'String'. If your Generative node is inside the booting conversation topic then you will see that it is defined as a record.

3.PNG

To the best of my knowledge, if the generative node output is set to String, the answer it returns will include citations. to fix this issue you would need to save the generative node output as 'Record' to make this change, you need to open the code editor of your topic

4.PNG

Next, find the section of the code that is related to the generative node

11.PNG

to change the output of generative node from "string" to "record" add the line 'responseCaptureTypeFullResponse' to the end of the generative node part of code:

5.PNG

Close the code editor, and click on Generative node properties again. now you should see that var1 has changed from String to Record.

6.PNG

Next, I want to show the AI response to the user so I place a message node and select what type of a response I want to be shown. (only text, text and references, only references ,...) 

7.PNG 

Ps. the Var1.Speech is used when you are using voice instead of typing ( I think lol)

I hope it helps!

• Freddie_B Profile Picture
    Freddie_B on at

Hi @lonewolf1,

Could you explain me that better? How can you name your generative node output as a variable. I think I am confused 😅.

Thanks 

lonewolf1 on at

I am making a document based QA bot and I am thinking of converting my PDFs to Json but unlike your case, I need the Responses to have references. If I can have your advice on the following 3 questions :

1. Would I still have references returned if I use JSON instead of Pdf?
    2. I have Screenshots in my pdf document that should be included in the response but the Generative node can only return Text, do you happen to know how to fix it for pdf or JSON? ( I only have premium license for copilot studio, so I cant finish this project with Azure services)
    3. Have you considered JSONl? I know that copilot doesn't accept JSONl but it is good to have the database in this format for possible future fine tuning

My Pdf file is a software guide and some of the screenshots are from the software environment that have to be part of the answer generative node creates.

Thank you in advance

lonewolf1 on at

My pleasure!! Dont forget that the Generative Node output should be saved as "Record". 

If you are using "Generative" nodes outside of the "conversation boosting" topic , you will not have the option to select "Full response" as Generative node output. To fix that, open "Code Editor" of your topic (right up corner of screen) and add 'responseCaptureType: FullResponse' to your generative node. Now you will have the generative node output as a Record and you can choose what to display.

codes.PNG

To be honest the microsoft guide for copilot studio is really bad and unorganized! We have to figure things ourselves lol I saw it by chance when I was looking at the variables in send message node.

• jbaum02s Profile Picture
    jbaum02s on at

I also agree that we do not want the citation listed for the uploaded documents. We are using JSON files so it is unreadable by users and doesnt make sense to show the file as a citation. 

• jd20 Profile Picture
    jd20 on at

Thanks! Why didn’t I think of this! It is an elegant solution and I’ll give it a test.

lonewolf1 on at

use:  "AI_Answer.Text"

lonewolf1 on at

you have the option to choose from answers.

Lets say you have named your generative node's output as variable "AI_Answer" , after your generative node place a "send message" node and display Variable :  "AI_Answer.Text"

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…