cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jentsch
Regular Visitor

A.I model license cost and dataverse

Hi, 

I've gone through the A.I builder calculator found and have worked out the cost of what we need. 

Our business case (like most) is form processing / invoice processing. I didn't get a chance to test out the invoice processing model as it wasn't available for preview in my region. 

I am wondering about the costs for the rest of the platform. Part of our use case would be to have a Power App for validation of the documents and extracted information and then to send that extracted information into external platforms such as Xero for accounting. This means we will need a Power Apps license: 

• Is the Power Apps license any different to the one included with office 365 E3 license? 

Part of our use case would be entering in information into a legacy system (in the event that we can't use an API) which we would use Power Automate attended/unattended RPA: 

• is the Power Automate license any different to the one included with O365 E3 License?

and finally we need a place to store the information so that we can make the API calls to push this information into external systems:

• what is the license for dataverse / does it come with this and what is the capacity like can you add capacity? 

with the A.I model - we have multiple different invoice formats from vendors. If we are processing 1000 documents per month from 10 different vendors - would we have 1 A.I 'seat' and have 10 different 'models' underneath that? I've seen from some other threads that the A.I model can now have 100+ different templates added to it under the single license - if I have interpreted that correctly. 

Thanks, 

Jacob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Jacob,

First of all, you can create a new environment on a supported region to test the feature.

Power Apps and Power Automate licenses entitled with O365 should be fine as long as you don't use premium connectors (they are clearly mentioned in the respective authoring experiences)

As far as I know, there is no Dataverse capacity included with O365, you can refer to Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate Licensing Guide.

With the new collection feature, you can add several document layouts (so vendors) in the same model.

See AI Builder form processing models can now train using documents that have different layouts

I recommend to contact a sales representative for more details. Use the contact form Contact Us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jentsch,

• Is the Power Apps license any different to the one included with office 365 E3 license? 

The Microsoft Office 365 E3 license includes PowerApps features, so you could access PowerApps features (not all features) through your Office 365 E3 license.

Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQs - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

But the Office 365 licenses for PowerApps could not access on-premises data or use premium or custom connectors, and could not access Data storage and management in Dataverse. Please check the following article for more details:

Licensing overview for Microsoft Power Platform - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

• Is the Power Automate license any different to the one included with O365 E3 License?

v-qiaqi-msft_0-1617693251727.png

As you can see that the O365 E3 License could not access on-premises data or use premium or custom connectors, and could not access Data storage and management in Dataverse.

• What is the license for dataverse / does it come with this and what is the capacity like can you add capacity? 

If you need to create a Dataverse instance within production or sandbox environments (other than the default environment), you're still required to have a premium Power Apps or Power Automate license.

These limited capabilities of Dataverse are only available through your O365 E3 license and can't be used to run any custom Power Apps applications or Power Automate flows, or run any Power Virtual Agent bots, or use any other data that doesn't belong to the Microsoft 365 applications that take advantage of these capabilities.

For more details, please check Dataverse capabilities with Microsoft 365 licenses

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Jacob,

First of all, you can create a new environment on a supported region to test the feature.

Power Apps and Power Automate licenses entitled with O365 should be fine as long as you don't use premium connectors (they are clearly mentioned in the respective authoring experiences)

As far as I know, there is no Dataverse capacity included with O365, you can refer to Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate Licensing Guide.

With the new collection feature, you can add several document layouts (so vendors) in the same model.

See AI Builder form processing models can now train using documents that have different layouts

I recommend to contact a sales representative for more details. Use the contact form Contact Us

View solution in original post

Hi @CedrickB 

Thanks for the reply. I'll get in touch with a sales rep. 

Thanks, 

Jacob

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (40,433)