cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AI Builder Capacity Licensing

New to Power Apps here. If I purchase the Attended RPA Power Automate License that comes with 5,000 AI Builder credits, can I use those credits to create and run a Canvas App (I have an E3 License) that uses form processing? (using standard connectors available in the E3 License)

If so, would I be able to assign those 5,000 credits to users that have an E3 License? Or would each of them need to purchase the $500 AI Builder capacity? Again, these users will be using a Canvas App with standard connectors but the app will use form processing to process expense reports. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Any capacity you have allocated to an environment will be useable in both Power Apps & Power Automate. The license or add-on which provided that capacity does not matter. So in your case, capacity you obtained through RPA licenses would be available to use in Power Apps.

Regarding your second question, AI capacity is allocated at environment level. It is not user specific. As long as capacity is allocated on the current environment the user is on, they should be able to use AI Builder functionality. If the current environment doesn't have allocated capacity, users can also sign-up for a per user trial.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

At my knowledge, I'm afraid it can't meet your needs.

E3 license can't use premium control/connector.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1627977716334.png

Although you could allocate these 5,000 credits to your environment.

Please see Manage AI Builder capacity

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, even though my RPA license allows me to use Form Processing within Power Automate, I will not be able to use it within Power Apps?

Edit: Also assuming that I would be able to use Form processing with my RPA license (not sure about this), my colleagues will not have that license, will they also need to purchase another Power Apps license to use Form Processing?

Any capacity you have allocated to an environment will be useable in both Power Apps & Power Automate. The license or add-on which provided that capacity does not matter. So in your case, capacity you obtained through RPA licenses would be available to use in Power Apps.

Regarding your second question, AI capacity is allocated at environment level. It is not user specific. As long as capacity is allocated on the current environment the user is on, they should be able to use AI Builder functionality. If the current environment doesn't have allocated capacity, users can also sign-up for a per user trial.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,726)