cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itssujeeth
Advocate I
Advocate I

AI Builder - Custom model - retraining

Is it possible to retrain a custom entity extraction model, using a modified dataset?

I've prepared a model for entity extraction with custom entities. Identified some issues with the data and trying to retrain by editing the CDS entity(Table in data verse). But while editing the model for retraining, I can only see initially loaded data, not the modified records.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the dataset is stored in CDS, and will be deleted when the corresponding model is deleted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Norah
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi

Thank you for trying out entity extraction. I'm sorry that right now we won't load latest data when you're retraining or editing a model. To use your latest data, please create a new model.

And as regard to load lasted data, we will add an item to our backlog. You can also share your thoughts about what do expect the behavior should be so it could meet your needs.

Thanks

Norah

itssujeeth
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Norah - Thanks for answering the first question

A subsequent question - Even though I flush out the old data and reload a new dataset, I can still see the old data coming up if I edit the published model.  Does this mean the old CDS entities are retained in external storage?

If yes, any idea how long that data is retained?

Yes, the dataset is stored in CDS, and will be deleted when the corresponding model is deleted.

Hi, what is the latest status concernign the backlog you mentioned. The reported problem is now more than 2 years ago. Is there any update in the meantime?

Creating a new model if new trining data is required is not a practicable solution.

We are using our models in several flows and creating a new model would require to change the model everywhere.
An other big disadvantage is that creating a new model also requires to tag the data in all trainig data datasets again. In our cases the data used for training is sometimes quite big. When then in practial usage some cases require a few more training datasets it is just not possible to do all that again.

Why is it not possible to just add some new datasets in dataverse, create a new version of a model, add the new data and tag it and retrain the model. So basically the same like when you are using models for extracting data from PDFs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,146)