Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danmcau
Frequent Visitor

AI Builder Displays multiple tables as nested tables

Hi All 

Curious if anyone has a resolution to the following issue with AI Builder

**** Background ****
I developed a POC prior to April 2021 to read a Purchase Order in PDF format the PO had a consistent layout however the number of tables (1 per page) varied based on the number of line items in the order.

The model consisted of the following (as an example)
- Fields
PO Number
PO Date
PO Currency
Contact Name

- Tables
OrderItems1 - (Line Number, Qty, Description, Cost) - First Page
OrderItems2 - (Line Number, Qty, Description, Cost) - Second Page
OrderItems3 - (Line Number, Qty, Description, Cost) - Third Page
OrderItems(N) - (Line Number, Qty, Description, Cost) - Last Page

A workflow was created to read the inbound PO line items into a SharePoint list autofilled with line item info.

The collection contained 9 purchase orders that varied in the number of pages. An order with the maximum number of pages / tables was included for training purposes.

The POC was a success and is currently scheduled for production with a new enviroment created to store AI Builder models (required for licencing)

**** The issue ****
Using the same approach to the model design I am experiencing the following issue.

The first table is being read on page 1 (as expected) however subsequent tables are being displayed as nested tables on page 1 only. All other pages do not contain any discovered tables.

**** Actions Taken ****
I have taken the following actions attempt to resolve the issue but am currently at a dead end. All of the following actions ended up with the same result (Nested tables on page 1)

1. Exported original solution to new environment
2. Created a single collection containing a range of orders with multiple tables.
3. Created multiple collections containing a set number of pages
4. Created a new Model in the event of solution corruption
5. Created a simple model (3 fields and 2 tables) with a collection containing 2 page purchase orders

2 REPLIES 2
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @danmcau,

Thank you for posting about this. For the AI model to detect tables in different pages you will need to provide a good amount of samples in the training set where this is the case. 

Additionally, we just released in preview the option to tag tables than span across multiple pages. I'm reaching out to you via private message to share more info on this. 

JoeFMSFT_0-1627285962000.png

Hi thanks for the prompt response on this I have sent you a private email regarding the multi table feature

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,875)