cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runner55552
Helper V
Helper V

AI Builder Experimental Multiple Page Table Questions

I am helping someone with a Power Automate flow that uses an AI  Builder Model with the experimental multiple-page table option, extracting data from a PDF invoice that has similar invoice tables on multiple pages, then pushing the results from the multiple page tables into an Excel table.  The initial trial with a single page table worked, but we are having difficulty with the multiple page option.

Getting an object error, should be array in the apply to each loop. The primary question is what input should go in the outer and inner Apply to Each loop?  Should the outer loop go through the pages (1 to 7, although it is variable), then the inner loop would obtain the items from each column of the table?  Here are some screenshots, and the JSON output. The AI Builder action is collecting all the data, but have not figured out how to loop through it yet.

There are numerous items available in the dynamic content, including "tables", "body", "response", etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can provide more details or the JSON output from the AI Builder action if needed.

Excel Table with Column Headers:

Runner55552_0-1657744680479.png

Screenshots from Flow: 

Overall Flow with Error:

Runner55552_2-1657744785045.png

Note we were able to see the column names in the Apply to Each 2, but the input to the loop seems to be incorrect.

Runner55552_1-1657744707988.png

Small part of the JSON output below: It has a lot of extraneous information, but does show the table output column data, such as the "Products" column.

"Products": {

"@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.expando",

"value": "080000000001 SemDex A Fully Automated Wafer Metrology System Order Code: SemDex A- With configuration as follows:",

"displayName": "Products",

"fieldType": "string",

"text": "080000000001 SemDex A Fully Automated Wafer Metrology System Order Code: SemDex A- With configuration as follows:",

"location": {

"pageNumber": 1,

"boundingBox": {

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Runner55552 - great to see you involved in another AI Builder project 🙂

What should go in the apply to each loop is the following output: {table name} entries

JoeFMSFT_0-1657754973366.png

If not all tables from all pages aren't extracted, you might need to iterate page by page. The following documentation page provides guidance and a flow template that shows how to do this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-multipage#use-a-cloud-flow-to-process-al...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Runner55552 - great to see you involved in another AI Builder project 🙂

What should go in the apply to each loop is the following output: {table name} entries

JoeFMSFT_0-1657754973366.png

If not all tables from all pages aren't extracted, you might need to iterate page by page. The following documentation page provides guidance and a flow template that shows how to do this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-multipage#use-a-cloud-flow-to-process-al...

Hope this helps!

Runner55552
Helper V
Helper V

I tried out your suggestion, and that seemed to work! I created a table in the model called Low Flow, and I found a "Low Flow Entries" in the dynamic content. Ran the flow and it pulled in the data (JSON). Next step is pushing individual columns into a table or SharePoint list, but looks promising! Thanks!

Runner55552_0-1657812814443.png

Runner55552
Helper V
Helper V

Update:  I spent more time with the experimental multi-page table option. I loaded in 15 files for training, each with 2 to 4 pages, one table per page. Table structure was the same on each page, and even started at almost the same position on each page. Tagging seemed to work well, but after training, I am only at 41% accuracy. The lowest accuracy is on Page 2 for some reason.  Some screenshots are attached. Any ideas on improving accuracy. I have gone from about 5 initial files to 15 files, but accuracy only increased from 25% to 41%, and Page 2 is very low accuracy.

07_25_22_Score.png07_25_22_firstPage.png07_25_22_2_pages.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,009)