cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhaberkorn
Frequent Visitor

AI Builder / File Look-Up

Novice user here and I've hit a wall.
Use case: Automated invoice look-up based on a forms response, used by multiple sites across the country.

I've set up an AI Model that extracts the PO Number and the delivery zip code from the invoice, and then renames the file to the cadence of "PONumber-ZipCode.pdf" in a pre-determined SharePoint folder.

I'm now trying to establish the flow that, based on the user's entry of PO Number and Zip Code, PowerAutomate would search the folder for said invoices and return a link to a URL to the document results via email. My stall point is that some zip codes are coming in as 5-digit where some have full postal zip of 5digit-4digit, and some PO#s are including the Hashtag or some additional letters. Therefore, I can't just have it search for the file name in such a set string. I'm trying to get the system to return up to 5 files (margin for error, especially during pilot).

My flow is below, but I don't know how to set up the query to search for file names that include the variations, not just a pre-set static file name cadence. Can anyone assist? 

Invoice.png

1 REPLY 1
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @dhaberkorn - welcome to Power Automate and AI Builder!

There are two operators you can use in the filter that can help you with this: startswith and substringof. Here are some examples on how to use them in your flow:

JoeFMSFT_0-1657824159348.png

JoeFMSFT_1-1657824172033.png

You can find more information about these operators here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/use-odata-query-operations-in-sharepoint-...

Hope this helps! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,689)