cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhaberkorn
Frequent Visitor

AI Builder / File Look-Up

Novice user here and I've hit a wall.
Use case: Automated invoice look-up based on a forms response, used by multiple sites across the country.

I've set up an AI Model that extracts the PO Number and the delivery zip code from the invoice, and then renames the file to the cadence of "PONumber-ZipCode.pdf" in a pre-determined SharePoint folder.

I'm now trying to establish the flow that, based on the user's entry of PO Number and Zip Code, PowerAutomate would search the folder for said invoices and return a link to a URL to the document results via email. My stall point is that some zip codes are coming in as 5-digit where some have full postal zip of 5digit-4digit, and some PO#s are including the Hashtag or some additional letters. Therefore, I can't just have it search for the file name in such a set string. I'm trying to get the system to return up to 5 files (margin for error, especially during pilot).

My flow is below, but I don't know how to set up the query to search for file names that include the variations, not just a pre-set static file name cadence. Can anyone assist? 

Invoice.png

1 REPLY 1
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @dhaberkorn - welcome to Power Automate and AI Builder!

There are two operators you can use in the filter that can help you with this: startswith and substringof. Here are some examples on how to use them in your flow:

JoeFMSFT_0-1657824159348.png

JoeFMSFT_1-1657824172033.png

You can find more information about these operators here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/use-odata-query-operations-in-sharepoint-...

Hope this helps! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,771)