cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ads23421
Frequent Visitor

AI Builder Predict action timeout

I am getting the following timeout error:

{"Type":"Error","Code":"Timeout","Message":"A timeout has occurred while sending a message to the backend"}

This occurs when I am calling a Predict action against my model using a dataverse connector step

Ads23421_0-1669034129043.png

I have tried to increase the steps timeout and retry but seems to ignore it. Should also note that it works fine for another document I have which is 1.4 mb (this one is 1.8mb)

Any help gratefully received..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Py
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for your feedback,

you did the right fix (changing the 'predict' action).

The one present in the template can be sensible to timeouts, (it has a 2 minutes limit, vs 1 hour for the AI builder 'predict' action).

The template should receive an update

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
plarrue
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Ads23421 

Thanks for reaching out.
Can you describe the scenario in which you are experiencing this issue and when you noticed this behavior?
It will also help if you could share your environment ID and the full error message with the correlation ID?
You can send it to aihelpen@microsoft.com

Thank you!

Thanks for coming back to me.

For background I am using the Document Automation base template kit as inspiration and so copying a lot of the workflow.
The workflow that times out is the Processor one and specifically it times out because of the Predict step mentioned above.
I noticed this happening on 20/11/2022

In case it helps I am now using an AI Builder / Predict step instead which doesn't time out:

Ads23421_0-1669128262774.png

The timeout happens after 2 minutes.

{
  "error": {
    "code""0x80040265",
    "message""{\"Type\":\"Error\",\"Code\":\"Timeout\",\"Message\":\"A timeout has occurred while sending a message to the backend\"}"
  }
}
I will send the other details to the email address

Thanks
Chris_Py
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for your feedback,

you did the right fix (changing the 'predict' action).

The one present in the template can be sensible to timeouts, (it has a 2 minutes limit, vs 1 hour for the AI builder 'predict' action).

The template should receive an update

Ads23421
Frequent Visitor

That's useful to know.

I also noticed that the JSON returned seems to rename the labels to <LabelName><GUID> and doesn't seem to tie up with the Label info held in the AI configuraration tables.
A topic for another time though..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,518)