cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abi-Ola
Frequent Visitor

AI Builder for excel database

Hi All,

I need some advice. I haven't used AI that much to understand its 100% limitation.

I have data in excel online 'database', and I want AI to read the contents of a specific column and provide categorisation, sentiment and urgency.

I am aware I can create an entity in Dataverse and put my data; however, I am concerned about the Storage cost for these data and having to create new tables and columns. Hence I will like to do this with excel online database. Is this possible, please

1 REPLY 1
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Abi-Ola - welcome to AI Builder! 🙂

Indeed, to train a custom category classification model you will need bring your data for training to Dataverse. But once you have trained a model that is good for you, you can then use it in a cloud flow and process new entries directly from an Excel file. The sentiment analaysis model does not require training, so you don't need to bring your data to Dataverse to use it. Here's an example of how the processing would look like in a cloud flow:

JoeFMSFT_0-1655588743694.png

I hope this helps. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,129)