cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominik1
Level: Powered On

AI Builder object detection

Hello,

I built a powerapp using AI Builder for object detection, which was quite simple. The scenario is to take a picture of an item and if the ai recognizes the item give the user some details about it. For that case I have a screen with an object detector control and a gallery. The items property of the gallery is "ObjectDetector1.VisionObjects", where ObjectDetector is the name of the control. Now running the app in a webbrowser, everything works just fine. The gallery shows all items from my entity and after detecting some items on a picture also shows the count. Now running the same app on a device the object detection works but the gallery stays empty. I tried three different devices, two mobile phones and a tablet, always with the same result. May be someone encountered that problem already and can help me?

Thanks

Dominik 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: AI Builder object detection

Hi @dominik1 ,

Which device do you use to run your canvas app? Android device or iOS device?

Which version is the PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. In addition, I also save the ObjectDetector1.VisionObjects formula result into a Collection, and bind the Gallery Items property to the collection, the Gallery would still display blank records.

But if I bind the above collection to a Data Table control, the detected object records could be displayed well in my app. As an alternative solution, please consider add a Data Table control within your app to display the detected object records.3.JPG

4.JPG

Add a Button within your app, rename it as "Analyze Objects", set the OnSelect property to following:

ClearCollect(DetectionRecords, ObjectDetector1.VisionObjects)

Add a Data Table control in your app, set the Items property to following:

DetectionRecords

then enabled corresponding fields within the Data Table.

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here. As an temporary solution, please consider take a try with above alternative solution I provided to solved your problem.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dominik1
Level: Powered On

Hello,

I am using an Android device with version 9 and PowerApps version 3.19081.19

thanks for your support. Your solution works, but does not help me. I would like to show some details of the recognized item on a second screen, therefore I need  the name from "VisionObjets" to filter my items. I tried to navigate from data table record to the second screens detail form and use (Datatable1.Selected.Name). Unfortunately the data table does not return any value.

Again  it works in browser version but not with the app.

Kind regards

Dominik

PowerApps Staff jk_one
PowerApps Staff

Hello @dominik1 

Thanks for reaching out !

This is a known issue and the product team is currently working on resolving it.

Sorry for the inconvience !

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 156 members 5,452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: