cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbeattie
Level: Powered On

AI Form Processor - Automatically Insert PDF File from Flow in PowerApp

I've been trying to create a PowerApp to process forms and take specific data fields from them. I am using a flow to find the form on Box.com and insert the PDF file into my PowerApp. I also have an AI setup to extract this data but it requires the user to find the file on the computer before scanning the document. 

Is it possible to link the file found on Box.com by the flow to be automatically run through the Form Processing AI on my app?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: AI Form Processor - Automatically Insert PDF File from Flow in PowerApp

Hi @sbeattie,

Can you try with the following expression? base64(outputs('Get_file_content_using_path')?['body'])

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PowerApps Staff

Hi @sbeattie,

What you can also do is execute form processing in Flow, store the extracted fields in a datastore like CDS and retreive these extracted data in a PowerApp. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-model-in-flow

Would this work for your scenario?

sbeattie

Thanks for the quick reply @JoeF-MSFT , I had previously seen the option to put the AI into a flow but was unable to find the Predict connector for processing the documents in the list of actions on Flow, as mentioned in the webpage you linked? 

PowerApps Staff

Hi @sbeattie,

To see the predict action, you will need to create the Flow inside a solution. More info on how to do this here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/create-flow-solution

sbeattie

Great, this seems to be on the right track @JoeF-MSFT . What would the code be for passing the document into the form processor from Box.com? In the attached photo I swapped "string(triggerBody()?['file']?['contentBytes'])" for the link to the Box.com file extracted in the step above, this gave me an error?

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff

Hi @sbeattie,

Good to see the progress! Try using the following expression: 

string(outputs('Get_file_content_using_path')?['body']) as shown on the following screenshot.

2019-10-17_19-20-59.png
sbeattie

@JoeF-MSFTUnfortunately I am still getting an error where the file is passeed to the Prediction action. This is the error message I received. I tried changiny "body" to "File_Content" but this still gave an error. 

"After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered:  Path 'base64Encoded', line 19, position 44"
PowerApps Staff

Hi @sbeattie,

Can you try with the following expression? base64(outputs('Get_file_content_using_path')?['body'])

View solution in original post

sbeattie

Briliant, that's got the flow working @JoeF-MSFT . Within the PowerApp, when I try to add the flow to a button I get an error Failed during http send request? 

PowerApps Staff

We're almost there @sbeattie🙂

Are you calling the Flow from PowerApps like this, where in Flow you have a PowerApps trigger? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 155 members 5,436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: