cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmiikkee1324
Frequent Visitor

AI builder incorrect data extraction invoices

Hi all,

I am using the AI Builder model to proces invoices. I build the model with different kind of collections to be used for different suppliers. Some suppliers have easy, straightforward invoices and some are kind of difficult. There is one supplier with a pretty easy invoice structure where the extracted data is wrong most of the time, even though I have uploaded and trained 25 different invoices.

I find this weird because it handles other, more difficult invoices, correct. So I made a completely new model, only using the suppliers invoices in one collection. I wanted to test some things so I uploaded 5 documents and the results are already better (still some wrong extraction) than the model with 25 invoices. The other problem is that even though it extracted the wrong data, it says it is 99% sure that it is correct. Sometimes the extracted data for supplier, adres, zipcode and city is correct. But in another invoice, where this information is exactly the same and at the same place in the invoice, it extracts the data wrong.

This makes it almost impossible to use and there is no certainty that the extracted data is correct. And implementing a notification when the confidence score is to low will not work since it thinks it extracted the right data. 

Anybody else experienced this or had problems with this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Usually, the custom model works fine in such cases.

Did you make sure to have consistent document samples in a given collection?

Having more collections shouldn't impact the accuracy as long as each collection follow the principle above.

The model will select the collection which is the most appropriate to the document analyzed.

Can you share screenshots of the data wrongly extracted so I could get the context of the problem please?

mmiikkee1324
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. While I was collecting data to answer your questions I noticed that the invoices are for 95% the same, but in some invoices the logo on the top of the invoice is different (same company). So I think I found the problem. I will try to find the different invoices and create seperate collections. Sorry if I wasted your time! 

The logo shouldn't impact the accuracy.

Is the rest of the invoice the same between those vendors?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,436)