cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Add Data into new excel column

1. I have a flow that adds a column to an excel, but the issue is that I can not import data to the new column right after is made when the flow is running. The data will come from a collection from PowerApps. I have the flow configuration down below. I think this is possible because Powerapps id is generated right after that column is made. How would I do thisScreen Shot 2019-08-14 at 5.45.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-14 at 5.45.29 PM.png

Thanks,

AskingQuestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Add Data into new excel column

Hi @AskingQuestions 

Currently there is a known issue with the excel connector that is you cannot dynamically reference to a File or a Table on the excel connectors. 

This means that you cannot reference to files via variables or from previous actions (even the ones through which you are creating the excel file in the flow) and you will have to select the file by clicking the folder icon on the action and navigating to the file location and select the file from there. Only then it will allow you to choose the tables from the dropdown. (entering a custom value for the table won't work either as it is referenced through the GUID of the table). 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Add Data into new excel column

Hi @AskingQuestions 

Currently there is a known issue with the excel connector that is you cannot dynamically reference to a File or a Table on the excel connectors. 

This means that you cannot reference to files via variables or from previous actions (even the ones through which you are creating the excel file in the flow) and you will have to select the file by clicking the folder icon on the action and navigating to the file location and select the file from there. Only then it will allow you to choose the tables from the dropdown. (entering a custom value for the table won't work either as it is referenced through the GUID of the table). 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,038)