I recently imported an app to a new trial. I have a Object detection model in the trial which is working as I used it in another app just for testing.
However, the app I have imported for some reason can't seem to find it. No mater what I do it shows there is no AI Model in the environment. I have checked the environments, I even tried to populate the Module ID in the properties but it still wont allow me to use my new model.
1. I have imported an app from a different trial (which was integrated to an AI and was working fine)
2. I have created an Object detection model in the new trial
3. Tried to use the new Object model within the recently imported app
For some reason the app I have imported ws still pointing to the old AI model (the one from the previous trial). I verified that by the GUID (model ID property). I even tried to manually update the ID of the model to reflect the new Object Detection but it still didnt work.
However, in order to avoid this bug you need to do the following before importing an app to new environment:
1. Create a copy of your app
2. remove any connections to AI models
3. Export the app and import to new trial
4. Connect the app to the Models created withig this trial/domain
Thanks for the reply. Just to double check, once imported you need to click on AI model on the properties panel to the right to select the Object Detection model on the imported environment. Did you do this?
Once I imported it I noticed there (exactly where you are pointing in the screenshot) that the model ID was pointing to the old AI Model.
I went there and the PowerApps couldnt find the new AI model (which I published) in the new trial. So I decided to switch the Model ID instead but it didnt do the trick.
So the only thing helped me is to go back to the old trial and remove the AI and re-import the app. Once I imported the new one and added the AI component it found the AI Model and allowed me to use it.