cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexMB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Consumed more credits than assigned - how?

Hi all,

Apologies, but I'm thoroughly confused about AI Builder credits and it probably doesn't help that I don't know much about 365 administration.

Unfortunately our IT supplier doesn't have a lot of insight into this subject, so I thought I'd try here.

On Power Platform Admin Center I see that there is 15,000 credits assigned. Assigned to what? Me? The organisation?

If I download a usage report, it says I've consumed 68,000 credits over the last 30 days. So obviously there's more than 15,000 available.

Hope someone can help explain to me what is going on and how we ensure that our Flows don't suddenly stop working due to too few credits. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AlexMB ,

When credits are purchased, there are available for the tenant to be assigned on the desired power platform environment(s). Assignment of credits to an environment can be done in Power Platform Admin Center. See more details here: AI Builder Licensing - AI Builder | Microsoft Docs

In the admin center, if you see that AI Builder credits are already assigned to an environment then any user can benefit of these credits when running AI Builder models on this environment. If no credits are assigned to an environment, you should assign them first before they can be usable.

Today there are still some flexibility on credits consumption, meaning it may be possible to consume more credits consumed than what you assigned. However enforcement will happen very soon so we advise to make sure you have the required credits for your target usage.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

AlexMB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @Antrod 

Though this almost raises more questions than it answers. 😄

I'm not sure I get the "environment" thing.

How do I see which environment the credits are assigned to?

So there's flexibility today, but what will the future inflexible setup look like?

If I go over my credits limit, what happens? The flow stops working? Or I'm just billed extra?

And when is "soon"? What can I tell our IT supplier in regards to a deadline for assigning additional credits?

The power platform environment is what you wan select on the top right of your screen:

Antrod_0-1638544902497.png

This concept can also be called organization. Objects created in an environment (apps, flows, models, tables, ...) aren't visible in a different environment and could be meant for different usage (example dev environment vs prod environment).

About the credits consumption enforcement, no you won't be charged more but it's likely that all your flows stop working because no credits would be available anymore. I don't have the exact date yet to give you yet, but that'll be announced before being active.

AlexMB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks again @Antrod 

Where are you seeing this environment button? And is it something that needs to be activated by an admin?

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 19.19.33.png

Sounds a bit vague about the behaviour when running out of credits. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

The environment is selectable from power automate or power apps on the top right of the screen. Example:

Antrod_1-1638784546261.png

Same with flow.microsoft.com

In Power platform admin center, environments can be managed by environment admins there:

Antrod_2-1638784710427.png

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,185)