cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyhsieh11
Helper I
Helper I

Could email body be the data source to train AI Builder?

Hi,

I'd like to know if I could get email body with AI Builder?

Scenario:

Our vendor will send the shipment notification email every time once the goods be delivered.

Once we received the email, we have to:

1. Record the shipping date and tracking number in excel.
  2. Remove vendor's information from the email 
  3. Change the content in the email
    ‧ Change our purchase order number to customer's purchase order number
    ‧ Change vendor's signature to our signature
  4. Final, forward it to our customer

The shipment notification email contains:

• Customer's company name
  • Shipping address
  • Product list included:
    • Product Number
    • Produce description
    • Serial number of every item

and there is a vendor's signature in the end of email.

Question:

Since the email body are all string not a document, like pdf nor word.

I'm not sure if I could get them from AI Builder and use the outputs as the variable in Power automate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

The best would probably be to use the entity extraction model.

You should try the pretrained which is able to identify dates, numbers, name, addresses and possibly serial numbers.

You can also train a custom version of the entity extraction model to support additional entities.

So you would send the text to the model and retrieve the entities you are looking for.

An alternative option, if the email content is standardized, would be to generate a PDF from the email content and train a form processing model.

But there is no default connector available so you would have to use the one from encodian for instance https://blog.encodian.com/2020/04/converting-emails-and-attachments-to-pdf-in-power-automate/

Let me know if any of these solutions works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

The best would probably be to use the entity extraction model.

You should try the pretrained which is able to identify dates, numbers, name, addresses and possibly serial numbers.

You can also train a custom version of the entity extraction model to support additional entities.

So you would send the text to the model and retrieve the entities you are looking for.

An alternative option, if the email content is standardized, would be to generate a PDF from the email content and train a form processing model.

But there is no default connector available so you would have to use the one from encodian for instance https://blog.encodian.com/2020/04/converting-emails-and-attachments-to-pdf-in-power-automate/

Let me know if any of these solutions works.

View solution in original post

Hi @CedrickB 

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried it these days and it do work.

But I'm considering that if there is another connector could achieve the same result? like Adobe?

Because our customer said they have the license of Acrobat, if the connector of Adobe could also convert the email to pdf, I'd like to know if our customer could use their license of Acrobat on Power Automate?

It looks like there is an Adobe connector for Power Automate that may address your request

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/pdf-connector-for-microsoft-power-automate.html

Hi @CedrickB ,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I checked with Adobe sales and we should have Adobe Pro DC for using that connector.

I'll check with our customer which solution they want.

Thank you for your help with this matter. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,379)