cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ashwani_Gupta
Level: Powered On

Creating a flow with Sharepoint

I want to create an flow to upload a file in Sharepoint list and want to set the right of each item based on the 1 field which will available in the file. Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Creating a flow with Sharepoint

Hi @Ashwani_Gupta 

Can you share more details on the scenario that you are trying to build? You say you want to upload a file to a List (I am guessing that you upload a file to the document library and create items for each row in the file in the sharepoint list). 

Note that: If you upload the file from flow, you cannot directly access the rows from excel (for a new file) in the same flow. For listing rows in an excel sheet, you will need to have the excel on the document library and the data formatted as a proper table. Based on that, please refer to the screenshot below: 

Temsa.PNG

temsb.PNG

In the excel I have column 5 with the email addresses of the people who should have access to that item and I am using the hrant access to item or file action from sharepoint and referring to the recently created item and then using the column from excel to provide the access. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Ashwani_Gupta 

Can you share more details on the scenario that you are trying to build? You say you want to upload a file to a List (I am guessing that you upload a file to the document library and create items for each row in the file in the sharepoint list). 

Note that: If you upload the file from flow, you cannot directly access the rows from excel (for a new file) in the same flow. For listing rows in an excel sheet, you will need to have the excel on the document library and the data formatted as a proper table. Based on that, please refer to the screenshot below: 

Temsa.PNG

temsb.PNG

In the excel I have column 5 with the email addresses of the people who should have access to that item and I am using the hrant access to item or file action from sharepoint and referring to the recently created item and then using the column from excel to provide the access. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Ashwani_Gupta
Level: Powered On

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for your response.

Before start the 1st step, I need to add 1 more step in the begining. Automaic start, manually start etc.

Please suggest, what i need to start

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Ashwani_Gupta 

That would totally depend on the scenario that you are trying to build. For a manual trigger, you will have to trigger the flow everytime and if you want it to run everyday, you can set a recurrence trigger and make the flow trigger that way. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 173 members 5,283 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: