cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sthankakrishna
Frequent Visitor

Document Management Tool Kit

Hi ,

I am new to using this Document Management Tool Kit . 

Is it possible to use this base kit in multiple projects ?

I want the documents coming to different shared mailboxes handled by different AI models and document management.

Any ideas how that can be done.

6 REPLIES 6
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

At the moment, you can have only one per environment.

Though it could possibly support several projects but we didn't tested it.

Here is what I would do

1. Create a new unmanaged solution, add all components included in the base kit

2. Update the "Documentation Automation Application" to allow multiple configuration. Put "true" on visible field 

CedrickB_1-1648746945869.png

3. Create a new Configuration in the Document Automation Application for each project

Alternatively, you could duplicate the "Document Automation Application" for each projet, create a "Project Name"  column in the "Document Automation Configuration" table and in the Configuration page change the query to filtering on this particular "Project Name" value.

You would probably have to do similar filter  in other parts of the application to only get the documents processed for this project

4. Duplicate the the flow "Document Automation Email Importer" for each project.

5. In this flow, update below action adding a filter to the proper configuration (E. g. aib_documentautomationconfigurationid eq %GUIDVALUE%) 

CedrickB_0-1648746662375.png

This may work but again was never tested.

Thank you I will give this a try

Also  the Document automation kit is used only for documents coming through email ? 

CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

It is up to you to either replicate the "Document Email Importer" to add a new trigger or simply remove the existing trigger and replace by another one like OneDrive or SharePoint.

Be carefull to re-add all dynamics fields in subsequent tasks when you do this operation.

I'm testing this as an option, but having a hard time trying to figure out how to get %GUIDVALUE% out of the Document Automation Configuration table.  Any thoughts? 

jlalonde
Frequent Visitor

In our industry, we have dozens and dozens of completely different forms which means we will have completely different AI models.  While the Document Automation solution is a fantastic start, is there anything on the roadmap that would allow us to easily use multiple AI models (all in the same environment) within the same Document Automation app?  I'm ready to pull my hair out trying to find a configuration in the app and flows that can use multiple models.

Looks like you need some support.

Can you send an email to aihelpen@microsoft.com, we will arange a 1h call to help you get started with the customizations to perform.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,398)