cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excluding null values from Table

Hi,

I had posted this query in the building flows section and was asked to repost it here. 

I am creating a flow that is trying to do convert data from an invoice and populate an excel sheet saved on Sharepoint. 

1. It triggers when an invoice PDF is saved to a Sharepoint folder
  2. An AI Model analyses the file and outputs certain fields to an excel sheet

The AI Model is working as expected and is detecting the fields that I require. Amongst these fields is a table that contains 3 columns. 

An example of the table is below:

image.png

The issue I am facing is the flow is creating multiple rows for each invoice. For example, when the flow pastes the "HSN/SAC" column it, outputs as follows:

image (1).png

How do I get it to output only one row and exclude all the rows where the values are null?

Screenshot of my flow is below:

image (2).png

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Excluding null values from Table

Hi @tusharjalan,

Thanks for posting the question.

You can add a condition before the Excel action to check that the value of the row for HSN/SAC is not __null__. Like this:

2020-06-18_10-03-28.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have amended the flow to include the condition as suggested. However, the result hasn't changed and I it it still outputting null rows. Please see below the amended flow and the output.

image.png

Output

image.png

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @tusharjalan,

I see that in the If yes block, the flow iterated over all entries again. Because you are already on an apply to each loop, there should not be one on the If yes block. 

2020-06-21_21-56-00.png

Let us know if this clarifies. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe. That works great. However, I now note that if I want to extract other fields from the table - For eg. the Output CGST or Output SGST fields, I can't because they have null HSN/SAC values. What I am trying to get at is a excel spreadsheet that outputs the following fields in one row:

Invoice Number - Invoice Date - HSN/SAC code - Amount - CGST Value - SGST Value - Total Amount

Would that be doable?  

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

You need to use the "amount" column for your condition, instead of the "HSN/SAC" this way you  can extract every line that has an amount.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

In addition to the suggestion of @ALFRED05, if CGST and SGST are normally present in your documents like that, you can also tag them as fields and retreive them as fields instead of a table.

2020-06-22_19-37-56.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (207)