cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristel

Extract String Format from Outlook Subjec to Sharepoint as well as the email attachemnt

Hi there, 

I'm very new to this Power automated world but I really wish to learn how to use them, I that this tricky situation where I need to go through about 1000 emails in an outlook inbox folder and literally need to copy each subject into SharePoint list and add the attachment. the subject is always the same when email has been receives it contains a number 6-8 digits space then the title  - and then secondary group name  i.e. 123456 Document name - document type  and its got the attachment of the document. Could someone please help me out, how to make that power automated or I'll be forever copy paste that task onto excel that then can be used for SharePoint list. Many thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
ALFRED05
Helper III
Helper III

Hey pal, first I think you had to post this under "building flows" 🙂 anyway here is what you can try. I strongly recomend going to youtube, there is a lot of tutorials for beginners, they are awesome.

aad.PNGFile name = Attachement name  File content = "Attachement content"File name = Attachement name File content = "Attachement content"

Thanks for that. And I apologise for not posting it in the correct area, I'm very new to it all. Also I think I have to do a lot of video watching as I'm really struggling with the whole "String" meaning and extracting into 3 parts. Many thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,179)