cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solvepower
Frequent Visitor

Extract image text

Hello Team,

I am trying to extract text from the image, but the flow should trigger when my email has attachments in jpeg, jpg format. I am unable to find the solution. I wonder if anyone can help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JoeF-MSFT  It works, Thank you so much.  But I am getting this error. How to remove it.

solvepower_0-1673231316826.png

solvepower_1-1673231375602.png

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello @solvepower - thanks for trying out AI Builder!

The following flow should accomplish what you're looking for. Make sure you set Include Attachments and Only with Attachments to Yes

JoeFMSFT_1-1670444180711.png

Let us know if this helps! 

solvepower
Frequent Visitor

@JoeF-MSFT Thank you for the reply, I was wondering it should work the same way as we upload image manually and it extracts the text. So it should work like whenever I am receiving an image it should send a new email to me with the text details.  let me know your thoughts

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @solvepower - absolutely! The following cookbook will help you: Extract Text from an image - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Unable to create the email trigger that triggers email with jpeg/image attachments. Unable to apply the text recognition on those files(attachment). thanks

solvepower
Frequent Visitor

Hello @JoeF-MSFT !! Can you help m, please. I wonder if I don't want another email. it should just send a message with the text details on teams. Thanks

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @solvepower of course, let me see if I can help. 🙂 So you're looking that every time you receive an email message with a JPEG image attached, you want to extract all the text in the message and post it in Microsoft Teams?

Here's how to do it:

JoeFMSFT_0-1671296538240.png

And this is how the Outlook trigger in your flow should look like:

JoeFMSFT_1-1671296610082.png

I hope this helps! 🙂

solvepower
Frequent Visitor

Hi @JoeF-MSFT 

Can you define these attachments like which one you used.( attachement content type, or id)?Mine is not working.

solvepower_0-1671311123000.png

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @solvepower - in the condition that you're showing, you should use Attachments Content-Type. 

If that doesn't work, you can instead build this condition with Attachments name

JoeFMSFT_1-1671382047025.png

JoeFMSFT_2-1671382058680.png

Let us know if this works better. 🙂

solvepower
Frequent Visitor

@JoeF-MSFT It didn't worked, Can you help in finding the solution or is there any other way to do it?

Thanks,

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @solvepower - would it be possible to share a screenshot of your flow?

solvepower_0-1673024481221.png

solvepower_1-1673025217763.png

solvepower
Frequent Visitor

@JoeF-MSFT I hope there might be a solution for this.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you @solvepower! Two things I've noticed:

• In the condition instead of is equal to, you should select contains

JoeFMSFT_1-1673088785583.png

• You have an extra Apply to each. You should remove the following one. Look at the previous screenshot as well on how your flow should look like.

JoeFMSFT_2-1673088890405.png

Hopefully with these changes, your flow will work. 😀

@JoeF-MSFT  It works, Thank you so much.  But I am getting this error. How to remove it.

solvepower_0-1673231316826.png

solvepower_1-1673231375602.png

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Wohoo! Great to hear that you got it working. Congrats!

To get more details on the error, can you click on Next failed? This will take you to the iteration that is failing. From there you should be able to see the action that failed and see a more detailed error message.

JoeFMSFT_0-1673303008178.png

@JoeF-MSFT  I am getting this error. How to fix it?

solvepower_0-1673464172523.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,338)