cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasonkhonlaw
Level: Powered On

Form Processing Doesn't Recognize Fields

The AI Builder form processing doesn't work well enough to be usable.  I know it's in preview, however it really needs the ability to allow the user to create their own fields and then select an area of the document.  Even though my PDF invoices are originals (no scanned) and are very clear, it doesn't recognize many of the fields.  I can even select and copy and paste the text right out of the PDF, but the form processor doesn't recognize them.  It also doesn't recognize the table of line items as a table, even though some of the documents used in the analysis have many rows of data there.  It didn't even recognize the bill to address, which seems like a pretty common one.  Any suggestions? Please see attachment.

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Form Processing Doesn't Recognize Fields

Hi @jasonkhonlaw,

Thanks for the feedback and providing a screenshot. We are actively working on Form Processing so improvements and new features are on its way.

To detect the fields, Form Processing will look for values that vary between the documents that you provide for training. For the case of the 'Billed to' field, does its value change across the documents you have uploaded?

jasonkhonlaw

No, the bill to wouldn't change in this instance since it is a supplier sending us an invoice, so the company name and address is the same.  However, I'd still want to pull this from the document and process it rather than hard coding it in the flow or whatever is using the model.

Thanks!

PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Makes sense @jasonkhonlaw. Today that value would need to change at training time. You could, for example, generate test documents to use for training that have that value changed.

Stay tuned for upcoming updates to Form Processing that will address these cases. 

jasonkhonlaw

So I actually went through the training PDFs that I fed the builder.  It looks like the bill to isn't the same in all of them.  Some have an attention line before our company name, others don't.  The headings do not have a ":" after them, if that makes any difference.  

Billed to

ATTENTION: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS

Company Name

Ashish2012
Level 8

Great scenarios, I guess Form processing works based on the major differences between two images.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,866)