cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NitramArbok99

Re: Form Processing Doesn't Recognize Fields

Microsoft please step up the game. I've been using doc-parser which is very powerful.  When using AI Builder it can not recognize many fields which are obvious like invoice number, net weight and so on. 

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello everybody,

Yesterday we released an update to Form processing where you can now draw fields that were not automatically detected by AI Builder. If you had tried Form processing before and you were not able to extract all the fields you wanted, I invite you to give it a try now.

Do not hesitate to share your feedback as you try it out!

form-processing-undetected-fields.gif

More information on our documentation page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/create-form-processing-model

markslosberg Helper I
Helper I

Will give it a try now.

markslosberg Helper I
Helper I

Ok, that was a little better but still pretty far from the target.  I think I did better on the single page Packing Slips but the multiple page slips aren't working too well.  I don't really know whether the single-page packing slip is working either but it doesn't give an error.

This is a fairly complex form.  I am happy to work with someone if they want to go through it with me.Single-Page PS.jpgSinglePagePackingSlipMulti-Page PS.jpgMultiPagePackingSlip

Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks @markslosberg, for trying it out.

I've sent you a private message to discuss into more details your use case. 

Jcrone

I am also having this issue. Even with the option to draw around the values it does not want to recognize it. I think it is the fact the the are grey boxes with text inside throwing it off (Editable fields).. If I change them to Jpeg then the AI builder can read the values. It's weird that it can not recognize it in PDF format but can in Jpeg.... 

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Jcrone,

The way we extract text from images and PDF are different, and that's why you are seeing different results. We are working on improving the extraction of data from PDFs with editable fields. 

ehalsey Advocate I
Advocate I

We are facing similar challenges w/ Lab Test Results forms we receive from various labs.  It fails to recognize a table we have and there is no way to add it.  I've tested creating samples with different values to try to help it but it just can't detect this specific table no matter what I try.  A couple of questions:

1. How does the builder determine which form to use to "pick" the fields?  Can this be user specified? Seems a bit arbitrary in my limited testing?
  2. Can you share the rules used to detect tables e.g. bold headers, column aligned data, vertical distance between fields etc.? 
  3. If we can create forms for training with "hints" what is the likeliness forms provided by vendors will be recognized if the font is  different, the tables are in a slightly different vertical position, etc.?
  4. Is there a documented roadmap w/ estimated dates?  We have real projects and having some idea on when the required features will be available will be helpful.  Like others, we need the ability to automatically ID the model based on the provided form e.g. Lab 1 Form vs. Lab 2 Form, etc.
  5. Does AI Builder create MS Form Recognizer OCR layout files behind the scenes?  If so, will we be able to make manual adjustments when AI Builder Analyze process guesses incorrectly?

Attached example of one of the forms we are trying to recognize.  Blurred areas added to protect customer info.  Very promising stuff.  Hoping it gets to the finish line so it can be used in a real world environment.

Regards,

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,070)