cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGingerNinja
Regular Visitor

Form Processing - Table extraction to Word Template

Hi All,

I have been working with the Form Processing functionality of AI Builder and am trying to get the 'Single page table' information source to output as a table to a word template. The model picks up the tables fine, but I am not given the option to output the table as a visual, rather just as values/locations and it is giving me some unreadable outputs:
TheGingerNinja_0-1636986336230.jpeg

If anyone has any experience of how to go about sorting this it would be much appreciated as I am new to AI Builder and cant seem to find any forum posts with the same issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @TheGingerNinja,

Thanks for the question - this looks like an interesting automation use case! 🙂

To achieve this you will first need to add to your Word document a Repeating Content Control as explained here: Intermediate | Flow of the week: Create PDF Invoices Using Word Templates with Microsoft Flow | Powe...

Once you have this on your Word template doc, you can build your cloud flow like in the screenshot below.  Note that the key values you define on the Append to array variable, need to match the titles you give to the Plain Text Content Controls  within the Repeating Content Control 

JoeFMSFT_0-1637008295536.png

JoeFMSFT_1-1637008556588.png

JoeFMSFT_2-1637008671637.png

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @TheGingerNinja,

Thanks for the question - this looks like an interesting automation use case! 🙂

To achieve this you will first need to add to your Word document a Repeating Content Control as explained here: Intermediate | Flow of the week: Create PDF Invoices Using Word Templates with Microsoft Flow | Powe...

Once you have this on your Word template doc, you can build your cloud flow like in the screenshot below.  Note that the key values you define on the Append to array variable, need to match the titles you give to the Plain Text Content Controls  within the Repeating Content Control 

JoeFMSFT_0-1637008295536.png

JoeFMSFT_1-1637008556588.png

JoeFMSFT_2-1637008671637.png

I hope this helps!

This is exactly what I needed, thank you @JoeF-MSFT. A very clean solution to finish off this RPA 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,728)