cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Form Processing is not detecting any fields on the invoice

When using the sample Invoices I was able to build out a demo of Invoice Processing which "wowed" over the meeting participants.

Accounts payable would like me to look at implementing this company wide. Unfortunately the first attempt to use Real invoices has been a failure so far and hoping others can help.

They provided me 11 real PDF Invoices( text based), all from the same company, using the same formatting.1.png

After uploading the documents and analyzing, it does not detect any fields or tables. When clicking "show detected word" it does recognize all the words, but no detection of fields.

I can select areas manually and create Custom field names if needed, but this does not work for the table of data so defeats the purpose of processing invoices.

I also captured screen shots of the PDF's, saved them as png files, and built a new model using those with the same issue.

Any thoughts on why it is not recognizing the format?

I should mention that I am using the Trial License. Not sure if that matters or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @shanemeisner,

Thanks for posting the question.

As you have observed, table detection is currently automatic. Unlike fields, there is no option today to manually create a table. I’m sending you a private message to get more information on the documents you are using.

Tables are best detected when there are clear separations between rows and columns, and each column is properly aligned.

We are actively working on a number of improvements around tables. We are not yet quite ready to share a date publicly, but stay tuned.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @shanemeisner,

Thanks for posting the question.

As you have observed, table detection is currently automatic. Unlike fields, there is no option today to manually create a table. I’m sending you a private message to get more information on the documents you are using.

Tables are best detected when there are clear separations between rows and columns, and each column is properly aligned.

We are actively working on a number of improvements around tables. We are not yet quite ready to share a date publicly, but stay tuned.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,401)