cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micuentadecasa
Regular Visitor

Form processing - Tables in two columns

Dear all,

I'm working with a PDF that has two tables with the same columns in the same page (so it is the same table, in a two columns format) and when the model recognizes them, it renames the columns of the second table to the name + "2", I mean, the first column is recognized as price and the second as price2, I would like to have only one resulting table. How I can do it?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Form processing - Tables in two columns

Hi @micuentadecasa,

I am afraid there is no way to merge two tables with the same columns

The Form processing only can treat your PDF as two form because there are two table in it.

If you want this feature, please submit an idea: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Best regards,

Sik

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @micuentadecasa,

If it’s not confidential, would you be ready to share the data set you are using / want to improve so I can check with the product team ? 

You can send me a sample in a PM.

Thanks in advance,

JK

micuentadecasa
Regular Visitor

I'm sorry, it is Stricly Confidential.

Regards.

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @micuentadecasa 

I have attached a *very simplified* mockup of what I would image the 2 tables would look like.

Can you please confirm if this fits what you're describing ?

Thanks in advance,

JK

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @micuentadecasa,

A possible solution to this is when you use the model in Power Apps or Power Automate, merge the two tables together after you process the document with the built-in formulas. 

micuentadecasa
Regular Visitor

thanks @jk_one , almost, imagine that is one page, of all the pages that you have for training, the rest of the pages are similar, all they have two columns and one table in each column, but  you have another page with the same structure but in one of the columns you have more than one table, please see attachment; this is very common in some invoices, imagine you control the data for multiple clients in a single invoice from a provider, you have the data in multiple tables for different users, see attachment Table2.

Regards

micuentadecasa
Regular Visitor

Hi @JoeF-MSFT , I thought about it, I would like to see some sample; anyway, I think it is easier that AI builder allow multiple tables and columns in the model, there are many invoices with this format and I don't think it is so difficult for your team of researchers, at the end, what makes this AI Builder interesting is, that the AI does the job. Please see my answer to your colleague in this same post, where I put some samples that you can try.

Regards.

Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks @micuentadecasa. Would it be possible for you to put a mock, sample document of an invoice with that structure and share it with us?

micuentadecasa
Regular Visitor

I'm deeply sorry, but the forms I have are strictly confidential, but I can suggest that you use phone billings, for example, in my family's phone billings I can find next:

- logos and key value pairs (in each page there is a key value pair denoting the mobile phone that the page is referring to, for example, my son's phone)

- complex tables, in each page you can find different tables for national, international or other type of calls, but at the end the structure of this tables and their fields are the same, but maybe not the table's location.

it is important the first point, at the end all tables are the same kind, but in the details of the page there is a code that differentiates it; if you are able to get the tables, but you can not differentiate them, then you got only a partial solution (one trick can be to process every page independently)

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We're launching a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Microsoft has created a regional government emergency response and monitoring solution that is built on Power Apps and Power BI.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,205)