cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txngiam
Frequent Visitor

Form processing model using HEIC file

I need AI Builder to read HEIC image and extract information using form processing tools (as they are invoices in HEIC format), but it doesn't seem to support the format as neither in training session nor in deployed status can HEIC files be read. Is there any way around this? Or any possible conversion tool to be incorporated into PowerAutomate flow then pass the converted image to AI Builder? I need the whole process to be automated, no manual conversion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @txngiam,

Thanks for the question. Today we don't support yet in AI Builder form processing images in .HEIC format.

There is a possibility though to do a conversion using the OneDrive for business connector using the Convert file action like this:

JoeFMSFT_0-1629551117890.png

I did try it and encountered an issue that is preventing the Convert file action to work properly. We're working on a fix which will make this work in the next two weeks. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @txngiam,

Thanks for the question. Today we don't support yet in AI Builder form processing images in .HEIC format.

There is a possibility though to do a conversion using the OneDrive for business connector using the Convert file action like this:

JoeFMSFT_0-1629551117890.png

I did try it and encountered an issue that is preventing the Convert file action to work properly. We're working on a fix which will make this work in the next two weeks. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. 

View solution in original post

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @txngiam, the Convert file action should now be working correctly to convert HEIC filed to JPG. 🙂

Thanks @JoeF-MSFT ,

I tried several times but it failed with Gateway Timeout at the Convert File step. Can you check for me please?

txngiam_0-1630287636084.png

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for letting me know @txngiam. Would it be possible to share with me via private message the .heic image you are using?

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @txngiam,

Just an update to let you know that the fix is actually still being released to all customers, and it should be available to everyone by the end of this week. Thank you for your patience! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,557)