Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarioA43
Helper I
Helper I

Get values as number from a form

Hello everybody!

I've been working on a project using a form processing AI model to extract values from invoices, and uses them to fill in a sharepoint database via Power Automate.

I noticed the AI formats all extracted camps as Text, but some of the camps represent numbers (i.e. 1,000.00) and the sharepoint list column where these values are input doesn't allow text.

Is there any way to tell the AI which camps are numbers, or any way to convert these values to numbers without manual intervention?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @MarioA43,

Thank you for the question. Indeed today the AI Builder Form Processing model extracts fields as text. To convert them to numbers, you can use expressions in your flow in Power Automate. The following link will show you how to do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-model-in-flow#convert-a-form-processing-...

In a future update of AI Builder Form Processing, we will allow defining the type of a field (text, number, date...).

Also, have you tried our AI Builder Invoice Processing prebuilt model? It extracts the most common fields found on invoices without having to train a model. This model returns numerical fields in a number format.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @MarioA43,

Thank you for the question. Indeed today the AI Builder Form Processing model extracts fields as text. To convert them to numbers, you can use expressions in your flow in Power Automate. The following link will show you how to do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-model-in-flow#convert-a-form-processing-...

In a future update of AI Builder Form Processing, we will allow defining the type of a field (text, number, date...).

Also, have you tried our AI Builder Invoice Processing prebuilt model? It extracts the most common fields found on invoices without having to train a model. This model returns numerical fields in a number format.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions. 

View solution in original post

MarioA43
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks! can you tell me which connector is that one under the AI builder one? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @MarioA43,

It's the Dataverse connector, but it's just an example. You don't need to use the Dataverse connector. Just use the float() or int() expression as shown in the animation, in the SharePoint action for the inputs where you need a number value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,559)