cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Only retrieving 1st value in invoice

Hi, My invoice has about 35 pages. When i build the AI model it gets an error and advises me to reduce this. I extracted the 1st page. But then when i do a 'quick test' of the 36 page file, it only highlights the 1st page. Should it highlight on all pages ?

My invoice has multiple items per page e.g. page 1 has 3 costs. 1 for Paris, 1  for London, 1 for Rome. When I assign the tags, should I select the the top site on the 1st file , the middle site in the 2nd file, and the 3rd site in the 3rd file . So it learns the different "co-ordinates" ?

Finally I am testing copying these 3 cities in an excel file. I added an 'apply to each' but was getting error "The execution of template action 'Apply_to_each' failed. is of type 'String'. The result must be a valid array."

I changed the select an output to be an array of the site value. It now runs 'successfully' but I only get the 1st site . 

I think AI model is correct because 'quick test' highlights the 3 cities.  

Please advise if problem could be with the array /apply to each , or AI model ?

jjpreston291_0-1605980033514.png

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @jjpreston291,

Thank you for posting this question. 

As of today, each invoice needs to be in a separate file. You cannot have multiple invoices in the same file.

2020-11-22_14-28-13.png

Regarding the 3 costs. Have you tagged them as three different fields when you trained your AI Builder form processing model? If so, you can retreive them separately in a flow in Power Automate by selecting them on the selection panel that appears on the right when building your flows. Select <field_name> value . For example, for the a field with name 'Paris cost', select 'Paris cost value'.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, My main problem has been the AI builder not fully understanding my invoices that I scan. I have loads of different types. For 1 type, it can detect a table but only picks up 2 of the 3 rows. I read a post that table detection will be improved over next couple of months.

Or my invoice values were in 3 tables in each page. It only can see the 1st value if i use table or tags.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (51,366)