cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niteshdambale
Level: Powered On

How to Update CDS Entity Record using Values from FormProcessor

Dear All,

I have embedded a Canvas App into a Model Driven App form (Contact). The canvas app has AI builder form processor. I've trained my model and i'm able to read the data as well.

The query is, how do i update the same data on a particular record which i've opened in Model Driven form.

E.g. I've Opened a contact record with ID C0001 in model driven. In a seperate tab i've uploaded a document which gave me values for certains feilds. Now i have to update the record with ID C0001 with the retrieved values.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
HSheild
Level 8

Re: How to Update CDS Entity Record using Values from FormProcessor

Hi @niteshdambale 

I haven't done this before but I would imagine that you would use the SaveForm action from the ModelDrivenFormIntegration control on your embedded Canvas app.  The (light) documentation is here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embedded-canvas-app-properties-ac...

I'm also interested in this so let me know if you try this and it works.

niteshdambale

Hi @HSheild,

Thanks for your response. I didnt use Saveform, however could manage to update the record using patch function. What i was as follows :

1) Onchange event of Formprocessor used updatecontext to set variable value against each field avialable on my form

2) I then did set the "Default" property of each field to variable. (This gave me all new values as and when i upload a PDF)

3) Used a Custom button. On Select property of the custom button used patch function. My function first filtered the record using ID field which is a primary field and which i've set as autonumber..

Sample Function: Patch(Contacts,First(Filter( Contacts, ID = DataCardValue2.Text ) ), { 'Address 1: City' : DataCardValue4.Text } )

Just to elaborate :

a) "Contacts" = CDS entity
b) "ID" is an attribute in the "Contacts" Entity (Primary field)
c) "DataCardValue2.Text" is the value on form processor Card
d) "Address 1 : City" is the parent.display name of the field on form processor
e) DataCardValue4.Text is the value captured on form processor and intended to be updated in CDS entity record.

Further just want one help with respect to point no 2 which i've mentioned above. In case my form consist of Lookup and OptionSet, I am not able to set the default variable value to the fields, as i have "text" value and the field type is Optionset or Lookup.

Regards.

@HSheild wrote:

Hi @niteshdambale 

I haven't done this before but I would imagine that you would use the SaveForm action from the ModelDrivenFormIntegration control on your embedded Canvas app.  The (light) documentation is here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embedded-canvas-app-properties-ac...

@HSheild wrote:

Hi @niteshdambale 

PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Agree with @HSheild. A possible approach is that with ModelDrivenFormIntegration  you can retreive the contract record id, and use the CDS connector in the canvas app to save the results. 

niteshdambale

Hi @JoeF-MSFT ,

I've sucessfully updated the record using patch function. example : Patch(Contacts,First(Filter( Contacts, ID = DataCardValue2.Text ) ), { 'Address 1: City' : DataCardValue4.Text } )

Where :

a) "Contacts" is CDS entity
b) "ID" is an attribute in the "Contacts" Entity.
c) "DataCardValue2.Text" is the value on form processor Card (This is my record identifier)
d) "Address 1 : City" is the parent.display name of the field on form processor
e) DataCardValue4.Text is the value captured on form processor and intended to be updated in CDS entity record

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 163 members 5,456 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: