Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger_Katsu
Helper II
Helper II

How to allow other users to edit my models

Hi all,

I found the description in below link, that it is possible to allow other users to edit my models.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/share-model

Roger_Katsu_0-1651484424903.png

But my team members still could not edit my models even I shared the all permission on AI models and AI builder dataset container to them in my Advanced setting.

I searched in this community, found below thread, seems I need to set security role to my team, in order to let them have the privilege of edit my models. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/AI-Builder/Share-AI-Model/td-p/766492

Who can tell me, how can I know which role I and my team currently have?

Also I find I don't have menu to assign new role to my team member in advanced setting, does it mean I don't have enough privilege due to my current security role?

Thanks.

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Roger_Katsu - thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, having multiple users editing a same AI Builder model is currently not officially supported. The good news is that we're working on enabling this and it will be possible in a few months from now: Collaborative authoring of AI models - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft Docs

The link shared is mainly targeted at transferring the model ownership. Although it can also be considered a non-supported way of having multiple owners for a model. 🙂 You will need to be an admin of the environment in other to access to the advanced find menu and share both the AI Models as well as the corresponding model AI Builder Datasets Containers. If you share it this way, you will need to toggle on all the permissions on the selected AI Model and AI Builder Datasets Containers for the shared user.

JoeFMSFT_0-1651523201129.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Roger_Katsu - thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, having multiple users editing a same AI Builder model is currently not officially supported. The good news is that we're working on enabling this and it will be possible in a few months from now: Collaborative authoring of AI models - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft Docs

The link shared is mainly targeted at transferring the model ownership. Although it can also be considered a non-supported way of having multiple owners for a model. 🙂 You will need to be an admin of the environment in other to access to the advanced find menu and share both the AI Models as well as the corresponding model AI Builder Datasets Containers. If you share it this way, you will need to toggle on all the permissions on the selected AI Model and AI Builder Datasets Containers for the shared user.

JoeFMSFT_0-1651523201129.png

jacquimuller
Helper II
Helper II

Consider using service accounts as owners of flows and AI models. Avoid keeping them on your own, individual, account. There are many advantages of doing this, like maintaining the integrity of flows and models if a developer were to leave, avoiding the reconfiguration of connections to personal accounts, centralising visibility and accountability, etc. It might not always be feasible to use a service account but it is considered a good practise. In the past, it has helped us around this issue as well.

@JoeF-MSFT Hi JoeF, 

I have created a new environment, and I have system admin privilege in this environment.

I have read the article you shared early  Collaborative authoring of AI models - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft Docs, seems there is no more details on how to do...

Would you please tell me which security role user should be assigned to allow AI models collaboration with other users? 

I would like to prepare that before the new feature goes live in July, Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Roger

Thanks @jacquimuller for your advice.

Yes, I will assign a service account into this new environment, and grand System admin role to it.

And finally the service account will be the co-owner of all AI models which have been created/trained by other users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,526)