cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavisHeung

How to extract the data from multi page PDF file to excel?

Hi All,

I have setup the Al model and made the flow. But the Power Automate is only able to extract the date on the 1st page of the PDF file. But it fails to extract the data on the 2nd page, 3rd page in the same PDF file with the same format. 

I am wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue?  

Thanks

DH

6 REPLIES 6
Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @DavisHeung ,

Is the data contained in page 2 and 3 completing page 1 content (same form) or do you have new forms in page 2 and 3? 

Yes... the PDF file container several pages while the Power Automate only extract the data on the 1st page. 

Same format for all pages

Thanks

DH

Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Can you tell if you have 1 or multiple forms in your document?

For example, let's say you are extracting information from "Invoices", do you have a unique invoice that spans to 3 pages or do you have an invoice in page 1, a different one in page 2, another one in page 3, ... ?

For example invoice 101 on page 1, invoice 102 on page 2 and invoice 103 on page 3, etc.... 

All of them are in the same format. 

Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Got it thanks. Unfortunately, AI Builder doesn't support processing multiple forms in the same document for now. But it's definitely in our backlog.

There's a possible workaround however that may help you: Know where to split a PDF with multiple documents ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have other questions.

DavisHeung

I see... thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,588)