cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to post into an excel table the first item from a AI builder table (with the first row ignored by the AI model)

Hi there,

So i have this problem,

I want to add to an excel a float variable coming from an AI builder table. The item is always the first item from the list.

My problem is how do i select the first item and add it to a variable. I've tried lots of solutions but non seams to work correctly.

can anyone help me with this?

thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous - great to see that you keep building your automation! 🙂

I'm adding an animation below so you can see how to do it. Basically:

1. Add a Compose action to your flow and add the field {name of your table} entries

2. Add an Initialize variable action, and add the following expression: first(outputs('Compose'))?['{Replace by the name of your column}/value']

💡 Something to keep in mind, these steps above will extract that first value as a text. To transform it to a number, you will need to the steps we looked at last week in the other forum post: Solved: Re: Sum all of the values extracted from AI Builde... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) Instead of an Initialize variable in step #2, you will need to add a Compose action instead, and do the conversion as we saw in the linked forum post. 

Untitled Project.gif

I hope this helps you get a step closer achieving the automation you're working on! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous - great to see that you keep building your automation! 🙂

I'm adding an animation below so you can see how to do it. Basically:

1. Add a Compose action to your flow and add the field {name of your table} entries

2. Add an Initialize variable action, and add the following expression: first(outputs('Compose'))?['{Replace by the name of your column}/value']

💡 Something to keep in mind, these steps above will extract that first value as a text. To transform it to a number, you will need to the steps we looked at last week in the other forum post: Solved: Re: Sum all of the values extracted from AI Builde... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) Instead of an Initialize variable in step #2, you will need to add a Compose action instead, and do the conversion as we saw in the linked forum post. 

Untitled Project.gif

I hope this helps you get a step closer achieving the automation you're working on! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Joe!!!

Thank you very much for your help!!!

I have this things happening, I don't see in my variable list the string type...that is really odd!

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Yes, I just need after this to be able to copy (from an excel where I'm pasting this converted values) and paste some cells in a specific place of an excel. I'll have to seacrh if there any info on that after this phase is done!!!!

Thank you so much for your amazing help!

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous !

I have this things happening, I don't see in my variable list the string type...that is really odd!

Ah, interesting! What options do you see? Can you share a screenshot?

JoeFMSFT_0-1658758927881.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Captura de ecrã 2022-07-25, às 5.17.19 PM.png

Yes, it's very strange indeed, sorry for the language, but basically i can see all except the String one...

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Ah! I think it's Cadeia in Portuguese. It's the literal translation of a string. Maybe texto is a better translation that we should put? 😅

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry my delay on the reply,

yeah, definitely the name should be texto and not cadeia, it doesn't make any sense!

But everytime I'm select compose and add the name of the table/the column that i want to add (example: consumptionTable kWh) it automatically puts the compose in a loop but in your video it doesn't do that...Am I doing something wrong here?

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous - good to know that texto should be the right way to say it 😅

I'd suggest looking again at the animation from my first message on the top. Notice that first I select  {name of your table} entries , and then I write the column name in the next step as an expression. I don't select the column name from the list of fields returned by the AI Builder model.

Let me know if it's still not clear. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much for your help!!!! I didn't knew about this [NAME OF THE TABLE] Entries variable then i found it and everything was more clear and easy! thank you so much for your help!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,418)