Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyhsieh11
Helper I
Helper I

How to recognize a table across pages

Hi,

I'm training an AI Builder module, I'd like to know how to extract a table data if that table across pages?

Scenario

I need to extract data from shipment notification and record the shipping status in our excel.

Questions

The table length will be different depends on how many items be shipped; therefore, some sample's table will in 1 page, some sample's table will across 2 or 3 pages.

How do I train the AI Builder to extract the data?

Sample

1 page.png2 page.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @amyhsieh11,

Thank you for the question!

AI Builder Form Processing doesn’t currently support extracting tables than span across multiple pages as a single table. To extract tables from different pages, you will need to be define them as separate tables in the 'Choose information to extract step'. For example, if you have a document with a table than spans over three pages, you will need to define them as three separate tables.

The good news is that in a few weeks from now we will be releasing an update to AI Builder Form Processing that will add support to extract tables than span across multiple pages as a single table. Stay tuned. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @amyhsieh11,

Thank you for the question!

AI Builder Form Processing doesn’t currently support extracting tables than span across multiple pages as a single table. To extract tables from different pages, you will need to be define them as separate tables in the 'Choose information to extract step'. For example, if you have a document with a table than spans over three pages, you will need to define them as three separate tables.

The good news is that in a few weeks from now we will be releasing an update to AI Builder Form Processing that will add support to extract tables than span across multiple pages as a single table. Stay tuned. 🙂

View solution in original post

Hi @JoeF-MSFT 

Thank you for your prompt reply and I'm glad to hear that good news!!

I'll also let our team member know that information and awaiting the update version be released. 🤗

Thank you again.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @amyhsieh11,

I wanted to let you know that this week we are making available, in private preview, the capability to extract tables than span multiple pages. If you, or anybody reading this forum thread 🙂, would like to try out this preview feature and share about your experience directly to the product group, you can fill out this form.

JoeFMSFT_0-1624366901428.png

Hi @JoeF-MSFT 

Thanks for your kind reminder. I've submitted the form, awaiting Microsoft's contact. 😃

Best regards,

Amy

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you @amyhsieh11! I've just sent you the instructions to join the preview. 

I've filled out the form. Please send me the instructions too. Thanks.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @joelhuen - thank you for your interest! I've just shared the instructions via private message. 

AlexMB
Frequent Visitor

Hi @JoeF-MSFT , I've previously filled out the form, but never heard back. I just filled it out again. Could you send me the instructions about how to join?

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Sure thing @AlexMB! I've just sent you the instructions via private message. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,260)