We have a requirement to OCR PDF files where each page have different form which are randomly ordered inside the PDF, for example one PDF might have this order of 3 pages:-
FormA on Page 1
FormB on Page 2
FormC on page 3
while other PDF might have this order for 4 pages:-
FormD on Page 1
FormB on Page 2
FormA on page 3
FormC on page 4
and so on.. now we created different AI Models inside a collection, where each AI model is suppose to work on a single Form layout (FormA,FormB,FormC,FormD, and so on..). so are we ok to start out OCR process? or we need first to split the PDF into different pages and then pass the single pages to AI Form Processing? OR the AI form Processing is smart enough to go through the different pages and use the correct Form Processing model inside the collection,,, where the collection contains AI model for each Form layout..
We have just released a new capability that allows to define the page to analyze
So here is what you could
- Create a boolean variable "HasMoreResult" set to "true"
- Create an integer variable "counter" set to 1.
- Add a "Do until" action with condition "HasMoreResult" is "true"
- Call "AI Builder form processing" using the "counter" variable in the "page range" entry
- Increase the "counter" variable
- If "AI Builder form processing" didn't return anything (it means you have reached the last page), set "HasMoreResult" to false
Let me know if this works for you.
@CedrickB ok thanks for the helpful reply.
but can you advice if we are on the right track. currently we have the following:-
1) we create an AI form Processing model to read/OCR each form.
2) then we added the AI form processing models inside a collection @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/create-form-processing-model#group-documents-by-collecti....
3) so we assume that the AI form processing can process the pages automatically by selecting the correct AI Model for the related form.. is our assumption correct? so we loop through the pages as you mentioned on your reply>> and the AI builder will chose the related model from the collection...
am i right?
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.