cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Key value pair isn't working for my PDF

Hi 

I'm trying to map part field in my PDF, when I try to use key value pair 1 st part number only it is identifying, when I try to map as table I'll not get part number alone, what can I do to achieve this ?

invoice.PNG

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @SumanKoduri,

Thanks for posting the question. When you trained your AI Builder form processing model, was the table detected? You can check that if there is a surrounding dotted rectangle and when you click on it the title is table_#, as in the following example:

2020-08-11_9-55-35.png

If it was not detected properly, we are working on supporting more tables in upcoming updates of the product.

As a possible workaround, if you always have the same number of rows in the table, you can tag each part number as a different field.

View solution in original post

Thanks @SumanKoduri for sharing this.

When training your form processing model, you can not specify specific elements on the table you want to extract. AI Builder will return all the table content.

What you can do is then when you consume the results in a flow in Power Automate, you can use expressions to transform the output and get what you want. For example, the following expression will take all the text in the description column for a row, and extract the part number by getting the location of the word Part and then taking the characters that follow that hold the part value.

substring(items('Apply_to_each')?['Description/value'],add(indexOf(items('Apply_to_each')?['Description/value'], 'Part:'), 5),10)  

2020-08-13_19-06-04.png

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @SumanKoduri,

Thanks for posting the question. When you trained your AI Builder form processing model, was the table detected? You can check that if there is a surrounding dotted rectangle and when you click on it the title is table_#, as in the following example:

2020-08-11_9-55-35.png

If it was not detected properly, we are working on supporting more tables in upcoming updates of the product.

As a possible workaround, if you always have the same number of rows in the table, you can tag each part number as a different field.

Yes table is detecting but as u can see in attached PDF image my table description is distorted So i couldn't select as table.

Part number field is dynamic so we can't map individual items in different name

Thanks @SumanKoduri.

Could you share a screenshot of the step where you select fields when you create a form processing model with those documents? The step shown on the following screenshot. Please also capture the black callout with the table name and columns names. Feel free to remove/blur any sensitive information from the screenshot that you don't want to share.

2020-08-11_9-55-35.png

I'd like to see how AI Builder detects that table. Thank you!

SumanKoduri_0-1597255245416.png

This is how AI builder detects table as you can see all the fields in description taken as one column

SumanKoduri_1-1597255314038.png

This is detected words, if I map fields separately in multiple line records it's not detecting as we didn't mapped as table repeating lines it's not taking or it is not mapping multiple values that are matching with selected fields

Thanks @SumanKoduri for sharing this.

When training your form processing model, you can not specify specific elements on the table you want to extract. AI Builder will return all the table content.

What you can do is then when you consume the results in a flow in Power Automate, you can use expressions to transform the output and get what you want. For example, the following expression will take all the text in the description column for a row, and extract the part number by getting the location of the word Part and then taking the characters that follow that hold the part value.

substring(items('Apply_to_each')?['Description/value'],add(indexOf(items('Apply_to_each')?['Description/value'], 'Part:'), 5),10)  

2020-08-13_19-06-04.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,490)