cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmatkus
Frequent Visitor

Need advice about date formats

Hi, need advice about date formats and converting 🙂

I have built document automation model, invoice processing with our company requirements

Our default date format is yyyy-MM-dd or yyyy.MM.dd or sometimes yyyy- month name - dd, this is our normal Lithuanian date format. I have made replacing script in automate flow to change words to numbers, and mostly it works fine. But sometimes i get invoices with different dates format - like dd.mm.yy or similar - it can be invoice from other country, someone using some software with wrong locale set or just software does not support locales, etc 🙂 Do You have any experience on changing dates to correct? As now this is my biggest issue, because without correct dates i cant import invoice data to SQL 😞

3 REPLIES 3
CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

You should post process the extracted data with Power Automate's function "parseDataTime"

parseDateTime('2023-01-25')
parseDateTime('2023.01.25')
parseDateTime('2023-january-25')
All returned the proper date in ISO 8601 format.

Yeah, have You tried it when month name is not English word? 😄

vmatkus
Frequent Visitor

I got an idea but do not find how to: cheking if date is valid. It should work something like this:

- If ParseDateTime(AIreadValue) is correct date format then use it - i do not see any function to check if it is correct. I'm thinking now just to spilt into blocks and make another run after fail?

- else - my script to change Lithuanian month names to numbers, etc - this works now already

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,556)