cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with excel data validation

Hello Everyone, 

I am struggling to find a solution when trying to check for a value from excel. 

Basically, I have implemented an OCR model into my workflow to extract information from invoices. But before the extraction starts, I want to check whether the account number within the invoice exists in an excel file. If the account exist, the flow will continue with extraction, if not, the flow will generate an email saying 'the account number is not valid'. Please note, the excel file has multiple sheets and tables and I want the flow to check through each of those sheets and tables. 

I have looked for solutions online and found a solution where it says to use 'List Rows Present..' activity, however, within this activity, the 'Table' label allows me to add only 1 table. I currently have 21 tables spread across multiple sheets in one excel file. 

Any assistance is highly appreciated. 112233

3 REPLIES 3
Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you try using the "Get tables" action card? It should get you all the tables from your Excel file, even when they are in multiple sheets.

Antrod_0-1652773820896.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I am trying it now. Do I put the name of the first table in 'Table'? or any name would work? 

Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

In the "Table" field of "List rows present in a table", I just used the dynamic content "Name" coming from the "Get tables" action. It should do the work dynamically.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,635)