cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikEngman
Frequent Visitor

PDF file created in SharePoint library from attachment in e-mail cannot be processed by AI builder text recognition

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a series of flows that will

1) Create a file in a Sharepoint document library for each attachment in an e-mail (filters out anything other than PDF)

2) Use the AI builder (connector Recognize text in an image) to look for certain key phrases in the PDF and based on the presence of these key phrases, move the pdf:s into other folders in SP

3) When a file has been 

Flow 1 runs through, no problem. However, in step 2, the text recognition connector throws an error stating that the file could not be parsed. If I manually upload the same file to the SharePoint library in question, Flow 2 works fine. It seems like something happens with the file itself when created in SP using the "Create file" function in Power Automate. Any thoughts on why that could be?

Configuration of Flow 2 (up until error)Configuration of Flow 2 (up until error)Failed runFailed run

Error message:  {"operationStatus":"Error","error":{"type":"Error","code":"InvalidPredictionInput","message":"InvalidImage. The file submitted couldn't be parsed. This can be due to one of the following reasons: the file format is not supported ( Supported formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF and TIFF), the file is corrupted or password protected.","properties":{"BackendErrorCode":"InvalidInferenceInput","DependencyHttpStatusCode":"400"},"innerErrors":[{"scope":"Record","target":"single","code":"InvalidRecord","type":"Error","properties":{"InnerErrorCode":"InvalidImage","MlIssueCode":"InvalidRecord","MlIssueTarget":"single"}}]}}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @ErikEngman,

This looks like an interesting scenario infused with AI! 🙂 Let's get it unblocked.

How have you built your first flow that creates the file in SharePoint? It should look something like this:

2021-03-04_12-43-30.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @ErikEngman,

This looks like an interesting scenario infused with AI! 🙂 Let's get it unblocked.

How have you built your first flow that creates the file in SharePoint? It should look something like this:

2021-03-04_12-43-30.png

View solution in original post

Hi JoeF-MSFT,

It seems I missed selecting "Yes" for "Include attachment". Now it seems to work. I'll mark your reply as a solutions. Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,596)