cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BjornTD_
Frequent Visitor

Passing on all attachments, after performing action on only one attachment.

Hi all, 

I have been struggling with a solution that I am trying to build. The thing that I would like to achieve is the following. 

While receiving an e-mail with a certain subject, only one of the attachments needs action from AI on extracting information from the document. But, it is important that also the other attachments from that same e-mail are also included in the results e-mail (without being checked by AI). 

At this point it only seems to read all attachments and send an result(s) e-mail on each and every attachment that the e-mail has.

Please see the flow below:
flow top.pngflow mid.png

   

BjornTD__0-1666018955078.png

Does anyone have a good idea or the solution on this? 

Much much appreciated.  

Bjorn

3 REPLIES 3
Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @BjornTD_ ,

You need to have a way to identify the document that needs to be processed by AI Builder compared to the other ones. For example, the title could always contain a specific value. If you manage to have this differentiator, then here's what you could do:

• Condition: Does the document contains a specific value in title?
    • If yes:
      • Process document with AI Builder
      • Set a variable that the document has been processed by AI Builder
    • If no:
      • Do nothing
  • Condition: Did a document got processed by AI Builder? (check on the variable)
    • If yes:
      • Send the email with the fields extracted along with all the attachments of the email
    • If no:
      • Send another email at your convenience, for example just the attachments

Hope that helps!

BjornTD_
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your input! I've been trying to get this fixed, but for some reason it does not seem to work. I tried to store all attachments in a variable and on SharePoint as well, to then add all attachments while sending out the e-mail holding the results. 

Should not be too difficult to only check one document with AI and pass all attachments through instead of only the by AI processed document. 

Any idea what might cause this? 

Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,710)