cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N0AH
Frequent Visitor

Predict connector BadRequest and InvalidPredictionInput error with File Content

I have created an AI Builder model for invoices. I am trying to use it in a Power Automate flow that is triggered when a new file is created in a SharePoint document library, but I am getting the error below:

{"operationStatus":"Error","error":{"type":"Error","code":"InvalidPredictionInput","message":"Inference input for model 6edeea37-...-e22f4fc4e2e7 is invalid","properties":{"BackendErrorCode":"InvalidInferenceInput","DependencyHttpStatusCode":"400"}}} 

flow_error.JPG

I have read multiple solutions to similar problems and they talk about using base64() encoding or to use a string() around the File Content. You can see these posts here. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to enter a JSON structure, as I only have two parameters: the mime type and the document (see image below)

flow_error2.JPG

I tried creating the expression by hand and the resulting expression is 

base64(triggerOutputs()?['body']) but I got exactly the same error. It is interesting that if I use the decodeBase64() function, as shown here
decodeBase64(string(triggerOutputs()?['body'])) then the Predict action works "apparently" fine as shown below.

flow_error3.JPG
Unfortunately, it does not return any value.

flow_error4.JPG
I have tried to fix this for hours but, so far, nothing works. I appreciate any help on this regard.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We tried again yesterday with a two new flows and it worked. I don't know what caused the problem. Probably the PDF files were corrupt. Thanks for the time, Joe! Very appreciated

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @N0AH,

Thanks for posting the question.

What is the type of the file you are looking to process? PDF? JPEG? PNG?

Try replacing the Document type input parameter from the Content-type attribute to:

• If the file is a .jpeg image: image/jpeg
  • If the file is a .png image: image/png
  • If the file is a .pdf document : application/pdf

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you. I tried, but I still get the same error. I think it has to do with the format of the file content. I have noticed that when I feed the model with one single file it works, but when I try to take the file content from either an incoming email or a new file in SharePoint, then it does not work.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update @N0AH,

If you take that file that you are uploading to SharePoint, and do a Quick test on the Model details page, do you get results back?

2020-05-07_23-20-54.png

I tested the model and it works fine. It recognizes all of the values correctly. see image below:

flow_error5.JPG

I peeked at the code using the ellipsis / peek code option in the Predict module and I found this:

flow_error_predict_json.JPG

If you see the highlighted part, the Predict module has a "Document" parameter. I am feeding the "File Content" parameter in the item/requestv2/base64Encoded part of the code and it is receiving the "body" value in the outputs from the "Get file content" module (@outputs('Get_file_content')?['body']).

flow_error_6_new_flow.JPG

So I decided to take a look at what are the real inputs that are being fed to the predict module. I did this by running the flow, checking the inputs for the Predict module:

"item/requestv2/mimeType":"application/pdf","item/requestv2/base64Encoded":{"$content-type":"application/pdf","$content":"SlZCRVJpMHhMamNOTVNBd0lHOWlh

you can see that the Predict module is not receiving the base64Encoded that is expecting. Instead, it is receiving a JSON structure that contains the $content-type and the $content string, probably not encoded base64. I suspect this is the reason for the error. Somehow I think I need to feed only the $content part converted to base64. So I took this parameter and I created the following expression:  

base64(string(outputs('Get_file_content')?['body']?['$content']))

and I put it into the Predict module, where it is expecting the "Document" parameter like so:

flow_error_8_with_base64_expression.JPG

The flow still failed, but when I check the inputs of the Predict module I see that the "Document" parameter is now only the base64 encoded of the file content. I got rid of all the other parameters (as shown below). However it still fails. I suspect I am very close, it is that somehow I need to provide the file content in some different format for the Predict module to be able to process it, but I don't know how I should format it. 

"item/requestv2/mimeType":"application/pdf","item/requestv2/base64Encoded":"U2xaQ1JWSnBNSGh

Any ideas?

Thanks @N0AH for the update.

The flow that you are trying to build should work without having the need to do base64 transformation. 

I'll send you a private message to see if we can jump into a call and have a look at this issue together. 

2020-05-09_17-30-55.png

We tried again yesterday with a two new flows and it worked. I don't know what caused the problem. Probably the PDF files were corrupt. Thanks for the time, Joe! Very appreciated

@JoeF-MSFT Thank you for the help and the time. Very appreciated!!

yabela
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @JoeF-MSFT we are facing the same issue with a predict model using pdf file but getting a Bad Request error - would you be able to provide the solution used above to solve the issue, please? 

Thanks! 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @yabela - it seems this was caused today by an incident that is now resolved. Let us know if this is not the case.

For future visitors of this forum thread, we now recommend to use the Process and save information from forms action in the AI Builder connector, instead of the Predict action. 🙂

JoeF-MSFT_0-1618346274253.png

@JoeF-MSFT Thanks! 

"We tried again yesterday with a two new flows and it worked. I don't know what caused the problem. Probably the PDF files were corrupt. Thanks for the time, Joe! Very appreciated"

It might not be corrupted PDFs.. I ran into this exact issue and realized that I had not tested the use cases of processing an email that had multiple attachments of different types (those pictures of links to facebook, twitter, etc were coming in as attachments).  My original test emails only had a PDF that was a match for the model and no other attachments.  My following test emails (2 days later) gave me the error shown at the top of this post.  The emails that gave me errors had multiple attachments because the pictures of logos and others are all included in the Attachments array.  Those attachments of other types were what was breaking my model and flow.  I filtered the attachments to only process PDFs and "presto" it worked! Testing with a PDF that doesn't match the expected model will create different errors because it won't find the expected values, but it'll fail also and I need to build in some 'on failure' steps to account for those errors.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks a lot @ericsnell for sharing this knowledge back! 🙂

mind sharing how you did this? encountering the same issue.

Hey Guys! Do you mind to clarify how you manage to do this filter to proccess only PDF's?

I'm having this same issue and the e-mail I'm trying to process is a standard e-mail from a specific plataform where someone fill a form and we get the notification on the e-mail with the form attached, but I'm guessing this e-mail has a lot of attachments besides the PDF (company logo or signature, for instance)

I tried some solutions I found here, even the "attachment is inline" solution, but nothing worked. Running a quick test for the model works fine, but I get badrequest error when the flow is triggered

Someone to help out?

EDIT: For those wandering here with the same issue, I manage to get it working by:

- filtering the PDF's with this tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytNQNMb89g

- Changing the trigger: Apparently I was using an old version of the email trigger? For some reason the AI Builder could identify the content type (pdf) but no the form (content bytes). I deleted every action and trigger from my flow, started designing it again and it worked 

Helpful resources

Announcements

Celebrating the May Super User of the Month: Laurens Martens

@LaurensM  is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community. Super Users like Laurens inspire others through their example, encouragement, and active participation. We are excited to celebrated Laurens as our Super User of the Month for May 2024.   Consistent Engagement:  He consistently engages with the community by answering forum questions, sharing insights, and providing solutions. Laurens dedication helps other users find answers and overcome challenges.   Community Expertise: As a Super User, Laurens plays a crucial role in maintaining a knowledge sharing environment. Always ensuring a positive experience for everyone.   Leadership: He shares valuable insights on community growth, engagement, and future trends. Their contributions help shape the Power Platform Community.   Congratulations, Laurens Martens, for your outstanding work! Keep inspiring others and making a difference in the community!   Keep up the fantastic work!        

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,378)