Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
elizi
Level: Powered On

Predict connector

Hey,

I'm trying to make a prediction after i've built my AI model (prediction model).

My goal is to add a record to a CDS entity to make a prediction based on some parameters by using the AI model.

i'm using the predict connector inside my flow to send JSON format data to the connector and once i'm running my flow i'm getting the following error message:

{"operationStatus":"Invalid","error":{"type":"Error","code":"OperationNotSupported","message":"Predict is not supported for general prediction"}}

Attached flow's screen shot:

2019-11-20_1128.png

please help.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ZePowerDiver
Level 8

Re: Predict connector

@elizifrom what I know, even if the Prediction based model is available in the list of available models you can use within the Predict action in your flow, it's not one (model) that you can interact with.

I'm quite curious at how you've come about to build that Request Payload?

elizi

so there is no way to use the prediction model in the AI builder to get predictions? if so, whats the point of having it?

about the Request Payload, i saw an example with form processing model with JSON format as its payload and i tried to do the same as there is not data what so ever to be found online regarding using the prediction model.

ZePowerDiver
Level 8

Keep in mind, this is all based on my understanding and knowledge of what are the capabilities of the AI Builder predict action.

So, if someone else has a different answer, please go ahead and comment!

@elizithe Prediction model is trained and based on a CDS entity and will update a set of created columns on that entity. So, no, there's no action available where you "send it" some set of data and it "replies" back with a result, in a Flow.

The value/usage is really about data that is stored in your CDS environment and to be analyzed and updated on a regular basis, not to be seen as a live and interactive solution

elizi

Thanks! you gave me valuable data.

just to update - it is possible to "interact" with the prediction model, its kind of a workaround though.

in the prediction model, data inserted into CDS as new observations and that model can be applied upon them, 

so if we want to get the predicted data belongs to the new record (observation) - the way to do that is after the record created in CDS it just needed to use "get records" connector to retrieve that last record prediction value, of course only after the model republished.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,969)