cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cov_amccowan
Regular Visitor

Problem with Model recognising Zero and letter O.

Hi, 

We have an issue where the model doesn't differentiate between 0 (zero) and O (letter o) and also 1's and I's in a table. Is there any way to improve this issue with out changing the document? An example is attached below. 

Cov_amccowan_0-1656501038065.png

4 REPLIES 4
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Cov_amccowan - thank you for sharing this example.

Unfortunately, there's no option today to correct wrongly detected characters. 

Is there a way for you to build a rule to detect if the extracted code is correct or not, and if not raise an alert for human review?

Cov_amccowan
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

We do have a process that catches a wrong code but unfortunately there are limited cases where a correct code on the document could be read and converted to a different correct code when processed. 

After taking a further look what's interesting is that I didn't realise the slashed 0 wasn't on the original document and using the quick test of the model it seems to get it correctly at first then when it puts it into the table it is at this point where it goes wrong. Hopefully these images should help show:

Original Document:

Cov_amccowan_0-1656590185978.png

On Quick test view:

Cov_amccowan_1-1656590230204.png

When opening the table in quick test view (where it goes wrong): 

Cov_amccowan_2-1656590261814.png

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you for sharing @Cov_amccowan. On the first screenshot, even at the human eye I'd say that the code finishes in 009 and not O09 👀

JoeFMSFT_0-1656621272959.png

With the slashed 0 it becomes easier for the human eye, but still challenging for the AI today.

Cov_amccowan
Regular Visitor

I agree! The way I confirmed it was using a pdf voice reader. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,897)