cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tymckinna

Quick Test Model Error Try Again Later?

I have just completed training my first model to extract certain text from PDF files (~50-100 page PDFs)

When attempting to perform the Quick Test by dragging and dropping the file into the window, it proceeds to 'Analyzing' screen but always results with a Fail message:
Couldn't quick test model. Try again later. (ClientRequestId: XafXX2a4-ca72-4Xx0-bec2-XXXXX..

This is my first attempt at this, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

I assume I missed something in the documentation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @tymckinna - welcome to AI Builder and congratulations for building your first AI Builder model! 🙂

The Quick Test experience today has a time limit - if the model doesn't return results within a range of time, we'll show this error. This can happen with PDFs that have a large number of pages which seems to be the case here. We're looking to increase this time limit in a future update. There is this limitation in quick test, but not when you use your AI Builder model in an automation flow. So, what you can do next is:

1. Publish your model and select Use model.

JoeFMSFT_0-1659781603731.png

2. Select Build intelligent automations --> Other

JoeFMSFT_1-1659781650719.png

3. This will create a flow for you. Save the flow and select Test on the top right. Upload one of your PDF files. When the flow finishes running, do you get an email with some of the fields you are looking to extract? 

JoeFMSFT_2-1659781746406.png

Let us know if this works, or you still face an error. I've taken note of the limitation with Quick Test to improve this in an upcoming update of AI Builder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @tymckinna - welcome to AI Builder and congratulations for building your first AI Builder model! 🙂

The Quick Test experience today has a time limit - if the model doesn't return results within a range of time, we'll show this error. This can happen with PDFs that have a large number of pages which seems to be the case here. We're looking to increase this time limit in a future update. There is this limitation in quick test, but not when you use your AI Builder model in an automation flow. So, what you can do next is:

1. Publish your model and select Use model.

JoeFMSFT_0-1659781603731.png

2. Select Build intelligent automations --> Other

JoeFMSFT_1-1659781650719.png

3. This will create a flow for you. Save the flow and select Test on the top right. Upload one of your PDF files. When the flow finishes running, do you get an email with some of the fields you are looking to extract? 

JoeFMSFT_2-1659781746406.png

Let us know if this works, or you still face an error. I've taken note of the limitation with Quick Test to improve this in an upcoming update of AI Builder.

tymckinna

Joe,

Thank you for this information. I will need some extra time to see if it works. My administrator will not allow the test Flow as it is a violation of some security parameters. It seems I will need to create my own personal trial environment and train the model over again...

tymckinna

@JoeF-MSFT I finally set up my own trial environment. Your solution works, but it looks like I need to train the model better as it is not very accurate.  

I am happy that I can at least start with this and work on it now. I am not sure I will be able to train it properly to be effective within the next 29 days before my Trial expires.  We will see...

Thank you!

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for the update @tymckinna. You'll be able to extend the trial after the 29 days if you still need time to test and improve the model. 🙂 Feel free to share back here your experience as you improve the model.

Hi Joe,
I'm working on adding more PDF documents to the model to train it better and I get this error, specifically with the files that we receive from one vendor (slightly larger files, but still within the specs in the documentation)

tymckinna_0-1662821624970.png

I can likely modify these files for the purposes of training the model, but when we have the vendor ultimately upload their files to our portal, will the model be able to process it?

Thanks again!  I'm keen to work with this tool as I see a lot of potential in my business. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @tymckinna - how large is the file? How many pages does it have?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,925)