cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Receipt Processing Issue or Bug

Hi experts this is really good news that as one of the employee said at the start of the year that we are soon going to announce the receipt processing feature in power apps, and here it is. Thanks for this one. However, I can see that it yet to be published live for the users on the official page, and says its under preview mode. May I know what actually does this means? and if I use will that be causing an issue for my application when there is a stable version released. 

Moreover, while im testing I came across the thing that it does not allow to select the fields manually, well somewhere I would say that it is good that you have pre-build models form Conteso for testing, but at few times it is hard when to detect the information form the Receipt. I also have raised the same issue before the release of this model however it is yet the same.

Only detects a few selected fields.

Such as Total, quantity, item names, 

what it does not detect properly is Transaction date, time, Vat number. Etc. 

The next thing I would like to inform you is about the image when it reads the Data, it only detects the fields which is normal for example if someone has created a box with a pen on milk item-total it won't read the filed which is boxed with a pen, it will skip and read the next I guess this is the major thing which also can cause a problem as we never know users. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Receipt Processing Issue or Bug

Hi @Tapesh,

Thanks for trying out receipt processing and the feedback! Preview features allow you try out and learn about upcoming functionalities and give us feedback as you are doing now. 🙂 Preview features are not quite ready to be used in production solution as we don’t make SLA commitments for these features. Also note that only receipts in English from the United States are currently supported.

As you have seen, you can use formulas to retrieve any of the supported fields receipt processing is able to detect. But you can also use the Detected Text parameter to retreive all lines of text detected on the image:

2020-08-09_13-59-36.png

Today we don’t support on the receipt processor control the ability to tap and select text from the image. You can find this functionality on the text recognizer control, like this:

2020-08-09_14-06-09.png

To your last point, could you share an example of a receipt where you have created a box with a pen?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Receipt Processing Issue or Bug

Hi @Tapesh,

Thanks for trying out receipt processing and the feedback! Preview features allow you try out and learn about upcoming functionalities and give us feedback as you are doing now. 🙂 Preview features are not quite ready to be used in production solution as we don’t make SLA commitments for these features. Also note that only receipts in English from the United States are currently supported.

As you have seen, you can use formulas to retrieve any of the supported fields receipt processing is able to detect. But you can also use the Detected Text parameter to retreive all lines of text detected on the image:

2020-08-09_13-59-36.png

Today we don’t support on the receipt processor control the ability to tap and select text from the image. You can find this functionality on the text recognizer control, like this:

2020-08-09_14-06-09.png

To your last point, could you share an example of a receipt where you have created a box with a pen?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,569)