Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
golabem
Level: Powered On

Receive data from external users

Hi,

I created a large flow, which works like this:

1. Trigger is submitting a custom form in powerapp by one of company workers. He types aprovers and customer emails. Submitted forms are stored in sharepoint list.

2. After all responsible people from our company approves, an email with pdf version of this form and agree/reject button is send to external customer (it is "send email with option" in flow

3. If customer agrees, I want to send him another email, where he can type his own unique purchase number. Then, I need to receive this number and update with it one specific column in sharepoint.

How can I receive this number? 

I have made simple power app for it but then I realized it is not that simple to share it with external customer. Moreover customers can be vary, and it has to work dynamically.

I was considering using forms, but I'm not sure how to implement this to be clear and explicit for many customers and then receive their response and not to mix them accidently if I will have many flows running.

Could you help me, please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Receive data from external users

Hi @golabem,

You don't need worried about the user enters an error email address manually, the return value of MS Form has a field is Responders' email, it will get the email address who submit the survey.

Then you can use the Get items action of SharePoint connector to get the match (For example: EmailsAddress) item. Then update this item according to the return ID.

Annotation 2019-09-10 182758.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NP1

At the end of your large flow, send the customer an email where you ask for the purchase number, then a create a new flow where the trigger is "When a new email arrives", then make the customer email you the purchase number, use dynamic content "body", and update the collumn in your SP-list. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @golabem,

There is no action in Outlook that could track the response of the sent emails.

I have seen a similar request from Flow Ideas Forum, please vote it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/obtain-user-response-status-for-outlook-invite-events...

Or you can use the Microsoft Form to send a survey which have columns named emails, unique purchase number, etc. 

After creating a new Flow with trigger When a new response is submitted of MS Form connector, according to the email address to update the SharePoint list.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

golabem

@v-litu-msft 

I was considering using forms, but I see it little too dangerous to mix customer answers - one can reply slower, one faster. 

If I want to refer to email address of customers who replied survey, to let flow be able to difference responses, I think the only option is customer has to type his email manually right ?

But also, If I need to create new flow with trigger "when new response is submited", how can I distinguish the exactly sharepoint list item which I want to update? It doesn't have to be last one.

Sorry If i'm not clear enough but this issue is following me for few days and I'm a little bit confused

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @golabem,

You don't need worried about the user enters an error email address manually, the return value of MS Form has a field is Responders' email, it will get the email address who submit the survey.

Then you can use the Get items action of SharePoint connector to get the match (For example: EmailsAddress) item. Then update this item according to the return ID.

Annotation 2019-09-10 182758.png

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 127 members 5,332 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: