cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagaraj007 Helper III
Helper III

Reset button - Business Card Scanner

Hello All,

I am very new to PowerApps, attached is the AI Builder Business Card Scanner, wherein once i click Save to Sharepoint, it should save the data to Sharepoint and then reset the form to blank, so that there will not be any confusion. 

2 REPLIES 2
Pranav_Shroti Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: Reset button - Business Card Scanner

There could be multiple ways of doing this. I use this trick - Not to bind the controls directly with Card Reader properties.

1. Declare variables in App On Load Events like - Set(varFirstName, ""); Set(varLastName, "");

2. Bind Your Label1 or TextBox1.Text =  varFirstName;

3. Card Reader OnChange event - Set(varFirstName, CardReader.FirstName);

4. On Submit Button - Set(varFirstName, "");

And you are good to go.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Reset button - Business Card Scanner

Hello,

You can reset the business card reader by adding to the OnSelect action from your "Save to Sharepoint" button the following command: Reset("YourBusinessCardReaderComponent"). This will clean up the placeholder image and the properties of "YourBusinessCardReaderComponent".

There is currently a bug with the reset of the business card reader (the properties are no cleared up), but this will be fixed soon. In the meanwhile, you can set the form field values to an empty string also in the OnSelect action of the button as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,323)