cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Running an Object Recognition in PowerApp with many images

Dear all,

I developed a simple clothing color detector based on the AI builder. However, I can only run it one image at a time and the previously analysed result is not saved (pictures below).

PowerApp1.pngPowerApp2.png

Is it possible to run the detector on a set of images (20+) and have the result of the analysis directly displayed below?

Thank you,

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Running an Object Recognition in PowerApp with many images

To bofeng this solution, instead of sending by email you can simply store the result in an entity in the last step with the Power Automate action "Create record" of Common Data Service.

Then you can browse this entity in a Power App with a simple "Display form".

Here is a documentation on how to call the object detection from Power Automate https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/object-detection-model-in-flow

And here is how to create a view form on top of an entity https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Note that the limitation of calling the Power Automate "Predict" action in a solution is been removed in coming weeks.

We are also adding named actions with improved ease of use to call AI Builder from Power Automate for each model (Call an Object Detection model, a form processing...) in May.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

One way to do this is to create a Power Automate flow that will batch process your new images on a regular basis (for instance using the "When an file is created" trigger) and store the results of the prediction in a Common Data Service entity.

Then you can your Power App displaying these results.

Regular Visitor

Hi @CedrickB,

Thank you for you answer.

That's what I was guessing but I can't find any documentation or use cases explaining how to deal with that. Do you have any idea where I could get some? 

Regards,

Pierre

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Pierre-Quem i:

I spent almost a whole day doing the test.

I can almost be sure that canvas app should not be able to achieve this function.

In addition, flow can do this, but it can't return the results to your canvas app.

Firstly, let me explain why the value of flow cannot return the value to the application.

Secondly, If you are interested in using flow alone, this is my solution:

My data source: pictest

Add a new flow in a solution.

2.png

3.PNG

4.png

5.png

6.png

Restult:

7.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

To bofeng this solution, instead of sending by email you can simply store the result in an entity in the last step with the Power Automate action "Create record" of Common Data Service.

Then you can browse this entity in a Power App with a simple "Display form".

Here is a documentation on how to call the object detection from Power Automate https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/object-detection-model-in-flow

And here is how to create a view form on top of an entity https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Note that the limitation of calling the Power Automate "Predict" action in a solution is been removed in coming weeks.

We are also adding named actions with improved ease of use to call AI Builder from Power Automate for each model (Call an Object Detection model, a form processing...) in May.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-bofeng-msft, @CedrickB 

Thank you for all your feedbacks and the example you provided. Thanks to your help I've managed to run my object recognition system in a flow and I can display it on my PowerApp with the form.

@CedrickB wrote:

Interesting ! Thank you for this information.

Have a nice week-end.

Pierre

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,917)