cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichelMindsUnit
Advocate I
Advocate I

Service credits, what are they and how are they consumed?

Hello,

In the license guide for PowerApps+Flow the section about AI Builder mentions service credits.

We can purchase "units", each comes with "1 million service credits"

It's unclear to me what 1 service credit is exactly, can anyone clarify that?
And where can we see our current consumption of these credits?

This is what the guide says about it:

AI Builder capacity is expressed in the form of “service credits”. Service credits serve as the single (common) currency across all the scenarios supported by AI Builder. Available service credits are deducted when AI Builder services are used.
Different scenarios (for example, forms processing, prediction, etc.) burn down service credits at different rates.
Customers should purchase the appropriate number of AI Builder capacity add-on units based on anticipated usage across all scenarios.

It makes sense that the different models consume service credits at different rates (complexity, multi-page documents, what have you) but, without knowing what the value of each service credit is, it's very difficult to purchase the appropriate number of units.

Microsoft gives this example - giving me the hint that there is some kind of calculation that I'm unaware or:

Each unit of “AI Builder capacity add-on” includes 1 million service credits per month. For example, a customer requiring 4.7 million service credits per month (based on anticipated usage), should purchase 5 units of “AI Builder capacity add-on”.

Hope someone can shine some light onto what is 1 service credit, how is it measured and where can I see my current consumption/remaining credits?

- Michel

11 REPLIES 11
Pochoide
Regular Visitor

Is this still unanswered? I can't figure out exactly what's the difference between credits, service credits and units

Antrod
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Pochoide ,

Service credits and credits are basically the same in the context of AI Builder. They represent the value that you get when buying AI Builder add-on units and therefore what you consume when running AI Builder models.

The AI Builder add-on unit is the base credits package you can buy. It contains 1M credits and you can buy several of them.

AI Builder credits are also included with other licenses such as Power Apps per user plan or Power Automate per user plan with attended RPA. You can learn more there: AI Builder licensing | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,645)